Shipping

Jamie1000
23 0 0

Greetings everyone,

I have my site setup, silkscatstore.com, I thought I had free shipping setup.  I was conducting a test of the speed of my site including a test on the checkout.  I noticed at one point I noticed that it says standard shipping is 9.95.  I went over the shipping details of my store, I see free shipping when I choose manage rates.  Have I missed something important?

Thank you,

Jamie

0 Likes
Miles
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
474 68 113

Hi, @Jamie1000!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. When you go into your shipping settings and manage your rates, do you see the free shipping rate as well as the standard shipping rate? If so, you might have conditional pricing set up for your shipping. Conditional pricing is where you set parameters around your shipping price. As an example, you might offer free shipping if a customer spends a certain amount of money. I've created a dummy example below of what this might look like:

In the example above, I've set up free shipping over $50, otherwise, shipping will be $9.95. Is it possible you have something like this setup? If not, it may be possible you have multiple shipping zones set up. I've created another example of how this might look:

In this example, I have shipping costs set up for Canada (Free Shipping for orders over $100, Standard Shipping of $5 for under $100, and an Express Shipping option for $10), and a separate pricing structure for the rest of the world.

These are just two examples of how shipping may look. My recommendation is to take a look at our guide on setting up shipping rates and setting up shipping zones to see if that helps solve any issues. If not, it looks like we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Jamie1000
23 0 0

Hey Miles,

Thanks for your reply.  I realized what my mistake was.  I have a just pay shipping profile with almost all of my products in that area.  I managed to reverse all but a few.  Now I just need to figure out how to add the "Just pay shipping" to my product pages only.  Currently they all say "Free shipping" below the price.

Anyway, thanks again for your help.  Much appreciated.

0 Likes