Shipping

Highlighted
Tourist
43 0 2

I am so frustrated with this system! I cannot believe it is so difficult to set up shipping in Shopify.

This is what I need:

I have Product X that needs to go in box A. I can put up to two Product X's in Box A. I have entered the weight of Product X and the dimensions of Box A, which is the default box. The customer gets charged the carrier rate (I'm not doing fixed rates!) for ordering 1-2 Product X. Fine.

If, however, a customer orders 3 or more of Product X - a) I can only purchase one shipping label to cover multiple shipping boxes and b) the customer is not being charged for a second or third box being shipped. So I am out the cost of any additional boxes that need to be shipped over the first box. Again, I'm NOT doing flat rates for additional boxes. I ship worldwide and I'll lose a ton of money.

I also have Product Y which is two pieces and HAS to be shipped in TWO boxes. But Box A (the "Default" box that carrier rates are calculated on and this cannot be changed) is too big for Product Y and will way over charge the customer for shipping. Shopify does not seem to have any parameters to cover this scenario. And again, if someone orders more than one, there is no way (apparently) to make the carrier rates adjust for the additional boxes.

Can someone, ANYONE, help me figure this out?! I have been all over this forum and search engines for hours trying to solve this and all I keep seeing is additional monthly fees for apps that "might" do what I need yet none seem to do ALL of what I need which doesn't seem that out of the ordinary.

This cannot be a unique situation. You cannot tell me there aren't tons of sellers out there who have more than one product that needs various shipping boxes depending on what's ordered. 

So close to bagging Shopify over this.

Thanks to anyone in advance. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
43 0 2

Huh.. no response from anyone at Shopify. Why am I not surprised.

So my $80/month Shopify subscription has turned into almost $130/month with all the third party apps I've had to subscribe to in order to run my business. And I'm still not done! I want to password protect a page with wholesale info and lo and behold Shopify doesn't do that! so, it's yet another third party app for another $7-$20 a month. 

0 Likes