Shipping

Leciellebeauty
2 0 0

I have the first plan ($29 USD) and I was wondering why I can't seem to see any of the Canada Post shipping rates when I try to test my check out. Is there a reason why?

Also, is there a way to automatically add countries for shipping zones or do I have to manually add a country I want?

0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2570 337 524

Hey, @Leciellebeauty!

Canada Post shipping rates are available when subscribed to the Basic plan for $29; however, you will need to add the rates to your shipping profile(s) in order for them to appear at checkout. If you head to Settings/Shipping and Delivery/Manage Rates/Add Rate you should then see the option to add courier calculated rates. I've taken a few screenshots to give you an idea of what to look for!

20-07-5e9ql-m5cyw

20-07-sk2j1-iloc2

20-07-j4xj5-u3ap8

20-07-jxiqz-p1n5k

Once enabled, the Canada Post shipping rates should appear in your checkout; however, if they don't you'll first want to start with clearing your browser's cache as that should allow the rates to appear. If that doesn't work, then you'll want to check the following:

1. Do you have more than one location? If yes, then are your rates setup for one location, but your inventory is held in another? You'll want to ensure you have inventory added for the location you're shipping from as shipping rates will not appear if there is no inventory to sell. 
  2. Is your address in Settings/Locations verified? Unverified addresses will not generate rates for courier calculate rates and will require inputting a verified address. 
  3. What type of package do you have in Settings/Shipping and Delivery? You'll want to ensure this package type is supported by Canada Post.

Feel free to share a screenshot of what you're seeing in your checkout if you're having issues with getting rates to appear. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Leciellebeauty
2 0 0

Thanks.

1. I have only one location and the address is verified

2. The package details are below

Screen Shot 2020-07-19 at 10.30.33 PM.png

3. The zones are setup, and I have both the Standard rate and Canada Post (discounted charges) setup. But it still won't calculate the Canada Post Charges. It will only show the $5 shipping charge at checkout.

If I remove the Canada Post (discounted charges), it will show the Standard rate of $5 just fine.

However,  If I remove the Standard rate and leave only the Canada Post (discounted charges), it returns the error below

Screen Shot 2020-07-19 at 10.09.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-19 at 10.10.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-19 at 10.26.46 PM.png

0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2570 337 524

@Leciellebeauty 

Thank you for the detailed information! I'd like to take a deeper look into the account which will require that I verify the store via email. If you can respond to my email with the requested information then I can help get this resolved. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
saivismitha
Shopify Partner
137 7 29

Hello @Leciellebeauty,

Have you enabled the carrier calculated shipping rates under the settings?

The carrier calculated shipping rates are the real-time rates directly displayed by the carrier at the checkout page.

If you have your own account with a shipping carrier, then you can display your negotiated shipping rates from that carrier to customers at checkout.

You need to have the 
carrier-calculated shipping feature on your store's Shopify subscription plan to connect your own shipping carrier accounts to Shopify. This feature is included in the Advanced Shopify and Shopify Plus plans and can be added to any plan for a monthly fee. However, if you're on the Shopify plan or below, and you switch from monthly to yearly billing, you can ask to get the third-party calculated shipping rates feature added for free. For more information, contact Shopify support.

As an initial setup, you can add countries under the shipping zones manually, after that when the order is placed in the store the Shopify automatically recognizes the countries under the shipping zone based on the Zip code.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes