Shop E Mail

Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi,

Newbie questions, please excuse my ignorance:

1. I purchased a domain name during the shopify sign-up process
  2. I go to configure the email address that customer sees when we send any email
  3. I discover that the domain was a resold by shopify who get from opensrs.net
  4. Online chat help tells me no email linked to mydomain s possible via shopify, e.g. me@mydomain.com
  5. I am offered either Zoho or Business Gmail
  6. I call opensrs who do offer email services but not to domains supplied to Shopify.
  7. I call Shopify to get the POP or IMAP server details I usually get from a web hoster to fill in the normal GMail setup for multi account email into one gmail account. I don'tget that - I get a link to instructions that might work  if I buy Business Gmail. The Shopify guy has never set up a IMAP or  POP email address on Gmail. 
  8. I explained I have never set up a website that did not directly offer email hosting with the domain.  
  9. We ran a test and the test case client sees the email that I entered in the Shopify admin page, *myshopify.com/admin/settings/general

So my 1st question is,to those that have bought a domain via the same channel as above, what did you do  to get an email that matches your domain? 

2nd question to Shopify. Why would you not offer seamless email integration when your domain supplier/hoster  already offers email? I mean why do you specifically exclude their offering? To me it was a waste of many hours, still not solved. I don't want add ons that are basic services, like checking into a hotel to find I have go out to buy my pillows somewhere else. 

Gary

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
110 0 10

Gary,

Have you had a chance to check out out email forwarding function?

It will provide you with an email visible to your customers (eg yourtext@yourstore.com)

Hope that helps!

Cheers!

Chris - Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi Chris, 

Yes I have done that and when I was talking to  to your colleague we did a test where a mail was sent by the customer to  Info@jules.diamonds and I replied. The reply back to the "customer" was not from info@jules.diamonds it was from the address it was forwarded to.   Do you think that  will form a good impression with the customer?  That is what  I am trying to avoid. I want the reply to come from the same address the customer wrote to. I don't wan't just canned letters from the application. 

The 2nd question still arises. Why do you refuse to allow the domain address to use native email facilities?

If that is your offering I will just have to move the hosting to another provider that will offer domain named email without relying on a third party. 

If there is a way to configure the reply to be from the same address as the customer sent from that would solve the problem. That is why I called support.

What they gave me did not look like a setup for a POP or IMAP server addresses that I could use to gather all email accounts in one Gmail account  -it was for 

https://support.google.com/a/answer/174125?hl=en     

Google Apps MX record values

As I said, I don't want to pay for and use Google Apps just to get Gmail hooked up to jules.diamonds. 

I have 4 emails going into my gmail avccount, now I want 1 more. Like a reply from gary@jules.diamonds or from info@jules.diamonds

If thats the offering (No integrated email with hosting), kindly supply me with the details required to move the hosting from your supplier to another hosting service that will host the domain and native email, and I will reconsider if I use Shopify at all. 

If really basic essentials are treated as add ons; I don't  relish that attitude. 

Regards,

Gary

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
166 0 39

You can use http://connectorapp.com for email with Shopify. If you just want one POP email account we can give you a substantial discount. Please feel free to get in touch with us to discuss. We are always happy to try and come up with somehting that will suit your situation.

Kindest regards,
Cam
Elkfox & Connector

Elkfox - The eCommerce Experts
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Dear Cam,

My shopify website is launched just a couple of days ago. Today I received my first e-mail from a  customer. 

Soon i found out that I was unable to reply from my shopify website itself. 

I read that with http://connectorapp.com I should be able to reply. I send you this message to discuss what options I have and for what price.

Looking forward to receive your reply.

Kind regards,

Etienne9

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
61 0 4

I have exactly the same issue, is there a solution for this ... to set up PoP and IMAP so my sender address looks professionall. thank you sabine.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Same problem with me, have you got the solution? 

0 Likes