Shop Now Button on Facebook post not working

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi folks, new to Shopify and could use some help please.

I have created my store, Facebook business page, linked the two, checked in settings my page is published and still having trouble. 

I have created a post which shows a shop now box at the bottom but when I click it I get a page that says this - 

Sorry, this content isn't available right now
The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in.

I have looked at similar posts with the same problem and cannot find a solution. The shop Now button on the Facebook Page works just not the one on the post. I need t fix this before boosting the post
Thanks for any help
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
38 7 16

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, Steve!

Anders from the Shopify Social Care team here. Thanks for reaching out today.

The "Sorry, this content isn't available right now" error message may occur for a couple of reasons. However, this usually means that there are just a few things left to be tweaked in your Facebook business page. If you're still in the 48 hour review period, please wait for the review process to finish before trying these troubleshooting steps.

First, ensure that your Facebook business page's template is set to 'Shopping'. If it's set to anything else, the connection will not work. Also, be sure to confirm that the page is published. To update your Facebook pages template:

• Go to the Facebook page you are an administrator for.
  • Click 'Settings'
  • Click 'Templates and Tabs' - If this section says anything but 'Shopping', click 'Edit'
  • Click 'View Details' on Shopping and 'Apply Template'

Second, make sure you have enabled the 'Shop' tab as an option. To do this:

• Click Settings at the top-right corner of your Facebook Page
  • Then click 'Templates' and 'Tabs' from the menu on the left
  • Click the 'Add a Tab' button and click 'Add Tab' next to the 'Shop' option

If neither of those options work, let me know and we can move on to some further troubleshooting.

Best of luck, Steve!

Anders | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

2 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thank you Anders, changing the template to Shopping seems to have fixed the problem

Thanks for your help

Steve

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

HELP PLEASE --- I have set up a business Instagram and facebook, connected all of them but I cannot figure out how to connect my shopify and products, also when I am on my facebook and click the shop tab it gives a prompt it will take me to my e-commerce and when I click that it just gives a error, I followed your steps and made sure everything is turned on correctly

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am having the same issue.  Followed all the steps but still no luck with the shop button showing in the mobile the facebook shop.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I keep getting the attached error everytime I try connect to my page.
oddly, it was all working, I had a shop, the feed was working then today, everything on shopify including my google merchant account disconnected, and my shop and facebook cataloge was GONE!

How do I fix the below. I tried to connect to a few pages I manage and it has the below error on every one. I am admin on all my pages, they all have shops.

Annotation 2019-12-20 020416.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

We are also experiencing said problem here in Australia's, this is most not happy outcome and contributing to many much unhappiness and frustrations. 

2020-01-31_11-17-56.png

We have troubled shooted this issue by:

- disconnecting Facebook account several times;

- auditing Facebook page in question and resetting permissions;

- cross referencing Facebook users, privileges and email addresses;

- implementing suggested solutions and workarounds from Shopify forums.

All to no avail. 

Can someone please reply with resources to possibly help rectify this issue.

Thank you in advance!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

We're having this issue as well can't get it to connect!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

I had the same problem - it was because my page role was 'custom' go into the page role choose your name and untick jobs and view earning insight - this made my role go from custom to admin and that solved the issue

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1
Visitor
1 0 0

I had the same problem - it was because my page role was 'custom' go into the page role choose your name and untick jobs and view earning insight - this made my role go from custom to admin and that solved the issue

1 Like