Shop Take Down Notice

Solved
Arsalan
Tourist
17 0 1

Hello Community Memebers, 

I want to ask that, I recently got an email in my spam folder. That my shop will be takedown in two weeks due to "DMCA". The material of the email is suspicious but I want to make sure if more people got this type of email. Because it's not from Shopify. But a wired email and I also google this email. If it's not from Shopify I want Shopify team members to notice this. 

Take Down.JPG

The email is from South Africa and an established looking University Website which name is "University of Zululand". If this email is a scam. I feel sad that such people doing such scams in order to rob people.

Email.JPG

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1212 71 154

Hi there @Arsalan!

Don here from Shopify.

Thanks for taking the time to let us and your fellow Community members know about this.

The next step I would ask you to take to help us to monitor attempts like this would be to forward that email to safety@shopify.com.

This will allow our Security team to check it out in more detail so we can stay informed and on top of any such behaviour.

If you could forward it with the email headers (you can see a guide on how to find the headers in many popular email providers here), that will provide our team with the most information possible to analyse it.

It sounds like you have been cautious about this email, which is great!

Can you confirm that you did not click on any links in this email or share any information there?

Thanks again for taking the time to let us know about this!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Arsalan
Tourist
17 0 1

No, i didn't click on any link and I also send it to the Shopify safety team to check this email.

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1212 71 154

This is an accepted solution.

Hi again!

Don from Shopify once again!

Thanks for confirming you avoided clicking through that email and that you're going to forward it on to our Security team for further investigation.

For now, that's all we need to do in order to protect your and our other merchants' safety, so thanks again for your hard work here.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes