Shop Temporarily Unavailable

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi May 

I try get in to contact support but keep getting asked to log in ... only thing is thats why im contacting shopify support ... I cant log in I just get the something went wrong screen???

Shopify is temporarily unavailable

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1553 94 336

@kennygilroy 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues connecting to your account. Sometimes this error appears if the URL is typed incorrectly as most stores have dashes between each word instead of being one entire word (i.e your-domain-example.myshopify.com vs yourdomainexample.myshopify.com). If you're entering the correct email, password, and store URL but still seeing an error, then let me know. I'll verify the account to take a deeper look. You can also reach out to Shopify support via Twitter and Facebook

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm having the same issue - I have a apparel store so of course I'm going to be scrolling through many items.  I also noticed this problem on another apparel store that I happened to be scrolling through the products - it kept coming up with the error. Problem is I can't get in touch with spotify. I googled their number which had a recorded message that said go to questions and request a call back - I can't find anywhere to leave my number. I just keep getting bounced to the main menu of the support page. I need to get this sorted urgently or my business will die before it has begun!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hi

Do you have you logged in on more than 1 computer
I'm not sure if it was coincidence but when I logged out of my other
computer I was than able to log on .albeit the next morning

Kenny

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Kenny,
Yes, 3 computers, logging in with multiple computers should not cause an issue.
My issue was resolved, as mentioned I contacted Shopify tech support and reviewed the error_log with a Shopify representative. We discovered there were old image links that were pinging the root domain. Once the paths to the images were revised and redirects were added the issue was resolved. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 4

I have had shopify for 5 years and never had this issue until tonight.  Seems most of the previous replies had to do with migrating a story to shopify causing this issue, but my store has been up and running for like i said 5 years.  It only seems to give me this error when i'm viewing some of my admin, and trying to use any of my apps.  None of which were added tonight or even in the last month.  I did create a new product about an hour ago, I duplicated an existing hat product to create a new hat product. Maybe that caused it?  

It appears customers are still able to browse my site and checkout as orders are coming in still, but if i can't access my admin, then the store might as well not exist. need helppppppp

Anybody have any idea what might be causing this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I am having the same issue. The only thing I did was install an app that does SEO optimization it will send information to google constantly updated my products. For some reason this triggered the security feature from shopify for bot protection. Do I let the app finnish updated all my products or do I remove this app? What happens to all the work the app did if I remove the app?? This app is on the shopify list so I don't get why this is happening. Could this just be temporary until most of the work is done and then everything goes back to normal? The app is SEO Optimizer by Booster apps. Is this app causing this

?Untitl546ed.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

I am also having this issue this morning having never had this before.....

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

Ah...just tried again and I am in now with no problems - very very odd!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1553 94 336

Hey, Everyone! 

Thank you for letting me know! We did see an issue earlier today where some stores were unable to load their admin which caused the error: "This page is temporarily unavailable because a device from your location is sending large amounts of web requests. Visitors from other locations can still view the page." - The issue has since been resolved; however, if you're still experiencing this error please let me know!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes