Shop Temporarily Unavailable

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Good day,

This is my first time in Shopify. I am having problem accessing my store, This happened after I upgrade my plan. One minute everything is good, and then after that I get error message (kindly see below).

"This page is temporarily unavailable because a device from your location is sending large amounts of web requests. Visitors from other locations can still view the page."

I tried to contact the support (around 12am GMT +8), but I am getting the same error. So my only option is only using email. Until now, no support is coming, right now Im getting frustrated with Shopify .

Remon

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1653 100 361

Hey, there!

This error comes up when something on your device/network is sending too many requests to our servers. This could be a variety of things, so here are a few things to check: 

1. Do you have more than one device on your network? If yes, you could try shutting them down, then turning them on one by one to see which device is causing the issue. 
  2. Have you tried incognito mode? If this works, then this would typically mean that one of your browser extensions is causing the issue. 
  3. Does this happen on a different browser? If yes, then that typically means it's a program on your device vs your browser. 

Let me know how that turns out!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi,

I have tried those 3. None of them is working. Well they work for a few minutes, and then goes back to the problem.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Oh, no reply until now. This is very disappointing. This post only received an templated reply from a staff, I already reply just a few minutes after them and I didn't received any response after.

I have not yet received a reply from my email support. I guest this is the 24/7 support they are calling. Just very disappointing. This is a business and every time you cannot access or having problem on your store is a potential loss of money for the entrepreneur. Very disappointing and unprofessional.

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
335 32 134

Hi, @wremon.

This is May from Shopify. 

I'm sorry to hear you've had a frustrating experience with our response time in the forums. Our team monitors forum posts regularly, but unlike our 24/7 live support, responses from Shopify Staffs in our forums usually take up to 24 business hours. If you need a more immediate response, I do recommend reaching out to our live support channels.

Thank you for the update, and I'm sorry to hear that the steps provided by Peter above did not work for your store. Since this is the case, I have reached out to our technical support team, and they would like to take a deeper look into the issue for further troubleshooting. That said, I will send you an email to the email address attached to your forums account. Moving to email means I can authenticate your account and loop in our tech support team. 

Thank you for your patience. Chat soon!

May | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
1 0 0

We are seeing the same error on our shopify stores and have asked for support. Given the shopify suggestions above, no customer is going to try these resolutions! They will just go to another store. Most will not even know how to contact you if they wanted since YOUR STORE IS BLOCKED BY SHOPIFY!

If you are looking to move a store, DO NOT CONSIDER SHOPIFY.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Our office and customers have been receiving the same error message on our Shopify store daily and have asked for support numerous times. 
This is the response provided by Technical Support:

"I appreciate that this isn't ideal for you and your store, however every Shopify store on the platform is subject to this regardless of what plan they are on. This Bot Protection is an integral part of our security and we don't make any exceptions to it. The only guaranteed solution to prevent the Bot Protection from triggering is to keep almost all activity to the admin of the store as it won't be trigged by traffic to the admin, only the storefront.

If you have any questions, let me know."

I agree, no customer is going to try these solutions! They will just visit another website store. 

Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 9.36.46 AM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello,

I am experiencing the same problem. Please help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

My issue was resolved.
After countless emails and calls with Support, they found the issue was caused by 'Bot Protection' and stated they would not be able to make any adjustments to that software. I refused to settle for that answer, after submitting numerous requests for weeks to review the error_log a representative reviewed the log and saw several invalid links sending hundreds of requests per day.
After adding the redirects the issue was resolved.
Long story short, make sure all redirects / address forwarding is completed before moving to Shopify. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Thanks for you answer, I will have to call them then.

Best.
0 Likes