Shop Times

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi there, 

I am hoping to stop sales after a certain time on my store. Is this a feature that's possible and if so how would I set this up? 

Thanks in advance  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1400 139 382

Hey there, @RJenkins 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Thank you for reaching out regarding this! I would love to learn more about why it is that you would like to implement this so that I can try to find the best solution for you. Why is it that you want to stop sales after a certain time? Is this for all products or just for specific ones? If you are looking to stop sales across your store entirely for a certain amount of time I would suggest manually enabling and disabling the password page so that customers can only visit your store during your opening hours. You can also add a message to your password page to let customers know when they can shop. You can learn all about the password page here

This is not something I would recommend doing as the nature of online stores is to be open 24 hours so that customers from all over the world can shop whenever they want and you can then fulfill their orders when you are ready to do so. 

All the Best, 

Bo

Social Care | Shopify 

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Bo, 

Thanks for your reply. Our store is a click and collect only store so we process orders orders for same day collection and advertise that we don't take orders after 5pm. I was wondering if we could stop guests placing orders after 5pm until the following morning. If this isn't a feature then its not the end of the world- just something I was interested to know was an option. 

Many thanks 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1400 139 382

Thank you for clarifying this @RJenkins! This is not something that is natively possible on the platform but it can be achieved with the help of an app such as Store Pickup Click and Collect which will allow you to give the customer their specific pickup time. When the customer is going through your checkout they will be asked to select a pick up date and time, these options will be set by you. This way, even if customers are making orders after 5 PM they can select a pick-up time for the next day! This app is $11/month and comes with a  14-day free trial.

An alternative would be manually enabling and disabling the password page when you are open as per my last response! 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes