Shop by menu.

Highlighted
6 0 0

I have the supply theme. How do I change the words (titles) in my Shop By menu on the left hand side? Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
273 23 59

Hi, Maggie!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify.

You're able to edit your Menu names in your Navigation settings of your Shopify admin.

• Go to Online Store > Navigation.
  • Click the menu that the "Shop By" category is located in.

• Click "edit" next to the item you'd like to change.
  • To change the name of the menu item, enter text in the Name field.
  • Then, click "Apply Changes" and then "Save".

You can learn more about menus and navigation in our handy guide here.

As you seem new to the world of Shopify, I thought I would give you some awesome tips as well for you to consider while you build your site.

One lifesaver for me when I was learning all about Shopify was the Shopify Academy. This is a group of free courses you can take to help you build your store and take you to the next level when it comes to growing your business. I've listed some courses below that you may find useful, but feel free to browse the catalog below as well.

Finally, one of my colleagues here at Shopify wrote a great post for new merchants based on feedback we received from many merchants in your position when it comes to being new to the ecommerce world. Aria talks about logos, images, menus and so much more! You can find the post here.

Let me know how you go, and keep up the good work!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello, 

I have just accidentally published my store which has made it live. How do I publish the password page only for when I go to search my website it goes straight to the password page and nothing else? 

Kind Regards,

Alex

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
273 23 59

Hi, @Alex282!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify.

To unpublish your website, head to Online Store > Preferences and scroll down. You'll see a checkbox called "Enable Password". Click that and your password page will be loaded onto your site. When you're ready to launch again, you can just untick that box again and your site will be ready to go.

How is everything going with building your site? I'd recommend checking out Shopify Compass. Shopify Compass provides you with free webinars and courses on things like store design, marketing and more. This will give you a great head start into making your first sale and building a great customer base.

Are you planning on doing any marketing for your store? When you're marketing, think about who you want your customers to be! Think about:

• What age demographic am I looking for?
  • What country/regions are my customers most likely to be from?
  • What are my customers' interests?

If you narrow these down to the right customers for your products, you're on your way to a winning formula.

Also, utilise the massive market provided by Facebook and Instagram. Build yourself a loyal following using those platforms. It's more than just spending money to market to people, but more about spending the money to market to the right people, who will be repeat customers and speak well of your business.

Wishing you all the best with your launch. We're always here to help, so be sure to reach out if you're ever stuck and need a hand.

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes