Shop unavailable

Solved
1 0 0

Hey, I am having the same issue. As soon as I typed in my credit card number and Shopify confirmed the payment, my whole store shut down and I cannot access it. Can I get some help?

My ticket number is 18203768

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hiya, 

As soon as I purchased a plan my shop became unavailable. I became worried thinking I had been scammed as it happened as soon a I placed my Cc details in. But looks like it is a common problem. 

I have emailed support but had no response. 

Can someone help please, need it sorted ASAP. 

My ticket number is 19210247

Thanks! 

0 Likes
5 0 0

Hi everybody, it is just now by reading about this problem that I see I am not the only one!

Same for me: book shop 3 weeks old, 45 euro turnover, shop down, no reason given, support makes a lot of blabla blabla but no solution, now the “case” is with “risk operations team” (as if I am sort of criminal), promised to get back in 72 hours, i asked to call me back, no reaction......pfff very disappointing and from what I read in this forum : for small entrepreneurs Shopify is the REAL RISK! Will look now for alternatives with hopefully more integrity....

Shopify plays with your valuable time, your business, your reputation and now I read even with your money, by “holding” ir back for 120 (!!!!???) days.... they found a cash cow!

0 Likes
5 0 0

And here my reply to the mail I received from a “risk analyst” concerning cancelation of my account. I believe you all should know:

Dear Shopify Risk, (= of course you use no name and no resonsibility here, just anonimity, this suits you well),

First of all, thank you (=Shopify) for your reply on such short notice; now I can move on.

But secondly : I am just baffled: you claim I am in "violation" of Section 15.6 of the Shopify Terms of Service which states: "Fraud: Without limiting any other remedies, Shopify may suspend or terminate your Account if we suspect that you (by conviction, settlement, insurance or escrow investigation, or otherwise) have engaged in fraudulent activity in connection with the use of the Services".

What kind of "fraudulent activity" have I been engaged with, according to you and your "suspicion"? Would you mind specifying?

My shop was only open for 2 or 3 weeks and had a turnover of around 45 euro(!?) (of which I ordered for 20 Euro myself to test the payment system), I try to sell books!!!

It is you, Shopify, who are engaging in fraud, because in the meantime I have, out of frustration, researched some comments of defrauded clients of you: shops closed without reason, even during the "trial period", holding back "little" amounts (like up to 700 £) of received money for 120 days "pending investigation", closing without reason bonafide shops after 6 months (?because they do not generate enough money for you), your "support" that never answers, etc., etc.,etc.

If you have to keep hunderd tousands or even millions of "small" clients hostage with their small money for 120 days, it gives you a very large positive "cashflow" , isn it?

Also I have found out that your platform is really used by real, professional, international fraudsters and that this must be a real annoyance for you; but it does NOT give you the RIGHT to have an INQUISITION going against everybody that is deemed a "small" business by you!

I am enraged at this behavior of yours : not only you steal from me my time and energy, my money, my reputation, my business but also you name me, just like that, a "fraud", it is like a "criminal", without giving any explicable,valid reason (of course not, because there is none!) nor even trying to get in touch with me about what issue it is that could be bothering you!?????

But I get it now: Shopify is NOT interested in small businesses, only the BIG ones, so your whole concept of "we are there for every business, etc etc" is just a scam in itself.

You closed my shop without ANY valuable reason but you debited 25,32 Euro from my Mastercard for a whole month and after 2 weeks you closed down the shop??? Will you repay me the half of that?

Again, if you can do that to a hunderd thousand people a month, then you have you "free and very big cash cow"!

So who is the fraudster here?

I am maybe a little guy, but I have a very broad and trusted network and I will make sure that this, in my opinion illegal and disgusting, behavior, will get out in the open, so that you will screw less and less good believing, naive people with your scam! (=>14 day free trial, choose a plan, build your shop, pay and then get canceled...)

It is not because you are one of the "biggest" e-shop providers that you have here the "moral high ground"!

I will research if there are other official complaints against Shopify at high level organisations in the EU concerning this kind of "business practices" and if yes I will consider to file a complaint too (only if it will not take too much of my valuable time, which you already stole from me) and I will do it to warn my fellow "small" business owners.

I trusted your "reputation", your online propaganda and got involved with you in good faith, alas it turns out that you are just like most of the behemots of corporates: big propaganda, big promises, but low, even immoral, in delivering what you preach.

Now I have to put again a lot of energy in creating a new shop on a new platform, and this, just for you
to know, that is because I am not a fraud and I just want to sell my books online.

So thank you very much, Shopify, for screwing me like this.

From
A very dissatisfied ex-believer in the "Shopify"-myth

15.09.2020, 13:55, "Shopify Support" <support@email.shopify.com>:
Hide quote

Ihor007_0-1600345469800.gif

Hello Ihor,

After reviewing your information and website pravda-publishing.myshopify.com, we have determined that you are in violation of Section 15.6 of the Shopify Terms of Service and we are therefore unable to support your business and the account has been closed.

Thank you,
Shopify Risk

© Shopify, 150 Elgin Street, Ottawa ON, K2P 1L4

Shopify.MailID:1-1.5f60abb7.7713154.7b4cf28564c4656ff0d57cf761fa92e5
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
923 95 155

Hi all, 

due to the sensitive nature of account-related queries, you should contact our live support team, who can authenticate you as the business owner, and provide insight into the status of your account and it's review. 

Our Live Chat Support is available here, 24/7

Thanks! 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
1 0 1

Same here it’s not fair that we have to go through this to create an online store I was in the process of purchasing a store plan an suddenly it says store unlivable I hope they get this issue resolved soon it’s holding me back..:(

5 0 0

Hi, just forget Shopify! I use SENDOWL now and it works perfectly! Hope this helps you, regards

0 Likes
5 0 0

Dear "Cal", of course this is "sensitive" information, for you it is, for Shopify it is, but not for me, I have nothing to hide and people must now what for scam this is for little entrepreneurs! As I can see out of all the discussions here Shopify or it's AI (?) is the problem and NOBODY at Shopify is taking any responsibility at all....so that s it

0 Likes
2 0 0

HEY. MY STORE IS UNAVAILABLE. WHAT IS THE REASON?
EARLIER I HAVE HANDLED A SIMILAR PROBLEM, BUT SO I DIDN'T WAIT AN ANSWER TO MY QUESTION, AT LEAST 3 WEEKS PASSED. I CREATED A NEW STORE, FILLED IT WITH GOODS, WASTE MY TIME AND STRENGTH. AND HERE AGAIN, MY STORE HAS BEEN BLOCKED.
THE PROBLEM HAPPENED AFTER I LINKED MY CARD AND PRESSED THE "START PLAN" BUTTON.
MY NAME DMITRII Barkhalenko
store name -cos-style-store.myshopify.com

0 Likes
2 0 0

according to my previous requests, I have not received an answer, why? I wait 3 weeks .. email adress 1artem934393@gmail.com name store chaos-style-store.myshopify.com

0 Likes