Shopify Account Shut Down

vtheg832
2 0 1

Everytime I open a Shopify account it gets shutdown by Shopify a few days later.

I'll call Shopify and a rep picks up and they don't know why and then they say they will elevate it to their higher up team who emails back a couple business days later saying your business is to risky and that these reviews are private so they can't disclose why. I went ahead and asked why anyways and got the same response. On some  of the other accounts I opened when I asked why they just sent back a snippet of their policy saying they have a right to serve who they want to serve their service to essentially. That is absurd! At least tell me why my account got closed so I know how to prevent it in the future! 

Keep in mind these are stock accounts with no products in them at all. I had previously had a store running for a year on Shopify with no problems then I sold it to someone else on Shopify Exchange and then opened up a new store for myself.

The new store was the first account of mine to get shutdown and then I checked the site I had sold to someone else and their store was also shutdown! 

I was selling a measuring tool on my new store that got shutdown and the other store I sold was a general store.

I preceded to try to open a shopify account with the same email, payment method, etc. and it got shutdown. Then I tried different emails and payment methods on probably 10 or 12 stores one at a time and the same thing happens.  My assumption is they banned my IP address, but not certain. 

This is ridiculous though, I have not done anything wrong. 

Sultansouhail
Tourist
3 0 1

The same thing happened to me.

Did you find a solution?

0 Likes
RobertJ
Tourist
7 0 7
Unfortunate to hear! The same thing happened today. No direct reason. I feel Shopify is protecting other businesses that do not want competition. For that reason they do not give you an explanation. After investing $17,000 in the development, they just pull the plug on your account with no recourse for any recovery. I would not recommend this company as individuals could lose their life savings with no explanation.
0 Likes
RobertJ
Tourist
7 0 7
Impossible to speak to the risk team at Shopify. Any professional company would provide an explanation so that we could understand the reasoning and have the option to remedy any concern.
0 Likes
CristinaSSS
1 0 1

That`s scary, one of my partners want to switch his garden and home decoration stuff ( kudoshouse.com ) to Shopify, I hope they will lift it up ; I`ll share with him this thread.

Regards

RobertJ
Tourist
7 0 7
Thanks for replying.

Our company is a legitimate business for which we chose Shopify to build our on-line exposure.

Not only do they not provide you with an explanation, but they will not allow you to access your site to copy information that you have spent weeks writing.

Be forewarned, if you proceed with Shopify, you need to copy all your work so if they shut your site off, you can use your copy to build on another platform.

Our team is very disappointed in this company. I am finding similar discussions throughout the e community and on the web.

Again, thanks for replying. At the very least, somebody is listening.

Rob
0 Likes
Fachmann
2 0 0

The same things happened to me. Below content is what they replied with

@Fachmann this is a question that is not related to the original post. To get more eyes on your topics in the Shopify Community be sure to start a new topic if your post doesn't quite fit into another topic. 

That said, there are some products that are not allowed to be sold on the platform and those can be determined by reading our Acceptable Use Policy and Shopify's Terms of Service on our legal pages. However, if you're using a payment processor to process credit cards on your site you're going to need to check their legal terms and policy on what products they allow to be sold using their credit card processing systems. If you're eligible to use Shopify Payments, there are specific legal Terms of Service pages for different countries as well. The reason that these are different policies to check is that our platform is able to accommodate a larger range of products, but payment processors you connect with may be limited if the banks that partner with them have stricter rules.

Those are 2 different areas to make sure you comply with in order to have a business working seamlessly.

0 Likes