Shopify Admin won't load on PC or laptop

Highlighted
7 0 0

My shopify admin stopped loading earlier today and I can't access it. All I get are a bunch of huge icons and a button that says 'skip to content' but does nothing when clicked. I am unable to access the support chat, either. Apparently, you can't access the chat without loading your shopify admin, and if your shopify admin won't load, you can't access support.

If I right-click on the screen while viewing my non-loading admin page, click 'Inspect' and then Console, I see nine error messages that say 'Failed to load resource: net::ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR' and after each one there is reference to a specific .css or .js file. If I click on two of the file urls, I get a notification from my anti-virus software that says the page is blocked because it has been reported as malicious. I don't know if those notifications have anything to do with my admin not loading, though.

I have e-mailed support earlier today but haven't heard from them yet. So I was wondering if anyone else has run into something like this before? It's been 10 hours already and I am getting anxious.

Edit: Thread title changed from Shopify Admin won't load — Antivirus software blocking it? -> Shopify Admin won't load on PC or laptop

0 Likes
7 0 0

Now I can see that there is a notification on Shopify Status regarding problems with some stores. I visited earlier today and there wasn't anything. So I subscribed to text message updates in case it was a problem affecting others as well. However, I haven't received any status updates, although I received a confimation that I am subscribed to status updates. So I wasn't aware they had added notifications.

Edit: I can access the admin panel on my tablet that doesn't have antivirus software. So I am thinking maybe this is an issue with my antivirus software blocking some files or scripts it thinks are suspicious. If that is the case, is my antivirus software blocking stuff without any reason? Should I try and allow loading the blocked files if I can?

0 Likes
Tourist
49 0 2

Hi Joanna

I had the same problem today as well. Exactly the same. But when i am entering from my mobile device is working perfectly. When we were entering frpm the pc at the office and laptop we were facing this problem.

Regards

Evangelia

0 Likes
7 0 0

Hi Evangelia, thank you for posting about your experience. This confirms the problem is not just on my computer.

I was able to briefly load the admin panel late yesterday night on my laptop, but when I tried again this morning, my admin panel is not accessible.

I tried with my mobile phone also, and it seems to load fine. I do have antivirus software on my phone also, so the problem is apparently not caused by antivirus software protection, but is related to PCs, since the admin panel loads on mobile devices 

0 Likes
Tourist
49 0 2

Hi Joanna,

We still cannot enter our admin. It is still the same situation since yestrday morning (cyprus time). And we have tried from pc in the office and laptop as well bjt nothing.

I have sent email to support. I hope they will get back to us soon. In case i will receive any news i will let you know as well. :)

0 Likes
7 0 0

Thanks, Evangelia! I've chatted with the support earlier today as well and sent some error logs, which have been forwarded to the technical support team. I'll keep you updated also if I hear anything back!

0 Likes
Tourist
49 0 2

Thank you Jonna!!!

0 Likes
7 0 0

They have fixed the problem, and I can login into the admin area now. Hopefully, it was fixed for you as well! And hopefully it will still work tomorrow. Already missed two days I meant to use to build my store so don't want to lose any more days.

0 Likes
Tourist
49 0 2

That is so great Jonna. I am very glad to hear that :)))) I will check mine out tomorrow. I hope it will be fixed as i dont want to miss any more days either. :)

Regards

Evangelia

0 Likes
7 0 0

Hi Evangelia, I was away from my computer yesterday for the entire day, so I don't know if my admin area was accessible or not, but it's broken again today. :(

0 Likes