Shopify Admin won't load on PC or laptop

Jonna1
Tourist
7 0 1

My shopify admin stopped loading earlier today and I can't access it. All I get are a bunch of huge icons and a button that says 'skip to content' but does nothing when clicked. I am unable to access the support chat, either. Apparently, you can't access the chat without loading your shopify admin, and if your shopify admin won't load, you can't access support.

If I right-click on the screen while viewing my non-loading admin page, click 'Inspect' and then Console, I see nine error messages that say 'Failed to load resource: net::ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR' and after each one there is reference to a specific .css or .js file. If I click on two of the file urls, I get a notification from my anti-virus software that says the page is blocked because it has been reported as malicious. I don't know if those notifications have anything to do with my admin not loading, though.

I have e-mailed support earlier today but haven't heard from them yet. So I was wondering if anyone else has run into something like this before? It's been 10 hours already and I am getting anxious.

Edit: Thread title changed from Shopify Admin won't load — Antivirus software blocking it? -> Shopify Admin won't load on PC or laptop

Replies 17 (17)

Jonna1
Tourist
7 0 1

Now I can see that there is a notification on Shopify Status regarding problems with some stores. I visited earlier today and there wasn't anything. So I subscribed to text message updates in case it was a problem affecting others as well. However, I haven't received any status updates, although I received a confimation that I am subscribed to status updates. So I wasn't aware they had added notifications.

Edit: I can access the admin panel on my tablet that doesn't have antivirus software. So I am thinking maybe this is an issue with my antivirus software blocking some files or scripts it thinks are suspicious. If that is the case, is my antivirus software blocking stuff without any reason? Should I try and allow loading the blocked files if I can?

toyhome-com
Visitor
2 0 1

what is the solution to that so many times clear cache, delete browser history, uninstall and reinstall browser, not working on edge, chrome, opera, mozilla  - few weeks ago not working on google chrome so i downloaded edge not it is not working in edge browser also.

HazellyMores
Visitor
1 0 0

There could be several reasons why clearing cache, deleting browser history, or reinstalling the browser is not resolving your issue with the browsers you have mentioned. Here are a few things you can try:

Check for updates: Make sure that you have the latest version of the browser installed. Updating the browser can often resolve any compatibility issues or bugs that are causing problems.

Disable extensions: Some browser extensions can cause conflicts or issues that affect browser performance. Try disabling all of your extensions and see if the issue persists. If it doesn't, enable your extensions one by one to determine which extension is causing the problem.

Disable firewall or antivirus software: Firewall or antivirus software can sometimes interfere with your browser's ability to access the internet. Try temporarily disabling these programs and see if it resolves the issue.

Reset the browser: Each browser has a built-in reset option that will restore the default settings. This can help resolve any configuration problems that may be causing the issue.

Check for malware: Malware can cause various problems with your browser, including slow performance and connectivity issues. Run a malware scan to make sure that your computer is free from any harmful software.

If these steps don't resolve your issue, it may be helpful to seek additional technical support or to try using a different browser.

Evangelia_Vroul
Excursionist
51 0 6

Hi Joanna

I had the same problem today as well. Exactly the same. But when i am entering from my mobile device is working perfectly. When we were entering frpm the pc at the office and laptop we were facing this problem.

Regards

Evangelia

Jonna1
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi Evangelia, thank you for posting about your experience. This confirms the problem is not just on my computer.

I was able to briefly load the admin panel late yesterday night on my laptop, but when I tried again this morning, my admin panel is not accessible.

I tried with my mobile phone also, and it seems to load fine. I do have antivirus software on my phone also, so the problem is apparently not caused by antivirus software protection, but is related to PCs, since the admin panel loads on mobile devices 

Evangelia_Vroul
Excursionist
51 0 6

Hi Joanna,

We still cannot enter our admin. It is still the same situation since yestrday morning (cyprus time). And we have tried from pc in the office and laptop as well bjt nothing.

I have sent email to support. I hope they will get back to us soon. In case i will receive any news i will let you know as well. 🙂

Jonna1
Tourist
7 0 1

Thanks, Evangelia! I've chatted with the support earlier today as well and sent some error logs, which have been forwarded to the technical support team. I'll keep you updated also if I hear anything back!

Evangelia_Vroul
Excursionist
51 0 6

Thank you Jonna!!!

Jonna1
Tourist
7 0 1

They have fixed the problem, and I can login into the admin area now. Hopefully, it was fixed for you as well! And hopefully it will still work tomorrow. Already missed two days I meant to use to build my store so don't want to lose any more days.

Iqra2
Visitor
2 0 0

hi jonna 

can you please help me? i face exactly same problem ..

Evangelia_Vroul
Excursionist
51 0 6

That is so great Jonna. I am very glad to hear that :)))) I will check mine out tomorrow. I hope it will be fixed as i dont want to miss any more days either. 🙂

Regards

Evangelia

Jonna1
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi Evangelia, I was away from my computer yesterday for the entire day, so I don't know if my admin area was accessible or not, but it's broken again today. 😞

Evangelia_Vroul
Excursionist
51 0 6

Hi Jonna

Its sad to hear that you cannot work again :(. That is not good. I am still having troubles also but they advised me to do a couple of things. I will need to try  and see if its because of Chrome. I hope that will be fixed because its frustrating. Check them out as per below fyi. Maybe you can figure out something through this about your issue.

"My first recommendation here is that you update your browsers. I have looked into the version you are currently using and it is showing to be Chrome 65, so please update your browsers and let me know how you get on. Our coding and programs are not designed to work with outdated software, they will only work with up to date Chrome extensions and up to date Chrome.

It would also be the same with the devices you are using, make sure it is Windows 7 or higher and can meet the system requirements.

Another troubleshooting step you can try is logging in to the admin portal after updating your browser but in in-cognito mode."

Jonna1
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi Evangelia, I'm glad to tell that my admin area works again. It seems so random, but I'm now keeping my fingers crossed it will stay functional. Thank you for the suggestions, though (I am running Windows 10 and the most recent version of Chrome). I hope that you will get yours to work soon and won't miss any more days!

Evangelia_Vroul
Excursionist
51 0 6

Hey Jonna,

Thanks so much for reaching out 🙂 i am glad you can work again. My admin is also working today. I also hope that it will remain like this. :))) 

We will keep in touch.

Best regards

Evangelia

Veeaum
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi Evangelia and Jonna

I've just encountered the same issue with the huge icons and no admin.

I managed to fix the issue by disabling my Firefox Privacy Badger plugin. I would guess if you have an adblocker or tracker blocker addon on your browser, it could be the culprit.

Best regards,
Veeaum

Iqra2
Visitor
2 0 0
Hi jonna1 I face same issues with my account.how can we fix this problem any idea ?