Shopify Allowing Negative Inventory Even When 'Continue selling when out of stock' is unchecked

rcsantos
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi! Has anybody experienced this issue when Shopify still continues or allows to sell items with 0 inventory even when the Continue selling when out of stock checkbox is unchecked? We've encountered this multiple times already especially when two orders are only a few minutes apart. How can we avoid this or resolve this problem? Please help! We're using Shopify Advanced. Thanks.

0 Likes
Felipe_Salazar
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

Hello RCSantos, 

Could you solved the inventory problem?

0 Likes
rcsantos
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi! I'm still unable to solve this problem. Recently, I reported to Shopify via FB Chat, and they said this is still a limitation.

ImtiazN
1 0 0

Has this been resolved yet?

I am experiencing the same issue on a regular basis. Pretty much every week I get 1-2 orders for products that are out of stock and have been left unchecked on the "continue selling when out of stock" option.

This is very troubling for us as a business.

0 Likes
LoveAdora
Tourist
2 0 5

I just discovered the same issue doing a test run. It allows me to purchase an item that my inventory says is at '0' and I have stop selling when out of stock. 
In the item description area where you can override, the box is not checked off... a little concerning. No one wants complaints and chargebacks. 
Lets hope they find the glitch very soon. 

0 Likes
joffgarvey
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

Has there been any further update on this? Has caused us nothing but grief over the Christmas period with so many disgruntled shoppers. Adding to this the time wasted having to follow up with everybody.

0 Likes
Chris_mmtum
4 0 0

hey we do have the same problem here...

0 Likes