Shopify Amazon integration - Requiring a UPC, but I have a GTIN exemption from Amazon?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 7

The title mostly sums it up. I'm trying to use Shopify's Amazon integration to sell my products on Amazon. Shopify's Amazon integration is asking me for a UPC for each item, but I've successfully applied for and received a GTIN exemption from Amazon (it was actually pretty easy. I just had to fill out a short web form, print and sign a letter saying that I own the brand name in question. They got back to me less than eight hours later).

I could probably put in a placeholder UPC, but I'd worry that's going to screw things up on Amazon's end. 

Any advice? Screenshot below:

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 6

Would really like an answer to this as well, I'm also GTIN exempt.

Highlighted
1 0 1

I am also UPC exempt / GTIN exempt.  The workaround for this undermines the integration, so it would be great if there were a way to disable having UPC as a required field.

I think to bypass this, you need to list your product manually on amazon seller central.  Then, instead of adding a product on the amazon sales channel in shopify, you link your existink amazon listing to the shopify listing manually once the new listing finds its way into your product list.

Highlighted
1 0 1

I have the same issue (registered brand), the Amazon channel is kinda pointless if you are UPC exempt (we are only required to upload a model number / SKU) - buy yet are being forced to add a UPC here.

Tourist
4 0 2

We mentioned this issue as soon as it came out. Please reach to Shopify this way they realize it is a major issue. I told them that most of their clients are  probably UPC exempt. 

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 6

Adding to this- the Google Shopping app has a small checkbox to tell Google to ignore product identifiers. If Shopify/Amazon could add this feature, it would save us GTIN exempt sellers so much time, as Brian mentioned above it undermines the whole integration channel. 

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 6

This is the route I've been taking, it's such a production time killer inputting everything into inventory but necessary at this point. Really hope they update it soon.. maybe if enough people bring it up?

Highlighted
2 0 1

I need this to work so badly!! Please figure it out Amazon/Shopify. I have contacted both parties and neither have been able to give me an answer. They have both just pointed fingers thus far. Please save us the time!

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 1

Same problem here! Please Shopify, provide us a solution :'(

Highlighted
1 0 1

Add me to the list. I went through the process of Brand Registry approval with Amazon so I would love to be able to list directly from Shopify through the Amazon app without having to input a UPC. For now I guess I'll have to list through Amazon and then link the listings. :(