Shopify Amazon integration - Requiring a UPC, but I have a GTIN exemption from Amazon?

1 0 1

I NEED THIS FIXED AS WELL!

I am having the same problem.

I own my own brand, the products I sell on Shopify are mine that I create.

I have been approved and added to the Amazon Brand Registry which means I do not need UPC or anything for my items.

@Shopify Please help us.. this new Amazon channel is useless for many of your customers.

1 Like
1 0 1

Having the same issue. Amazon brand owners are exempt from this policy. Please make UPC code optional.

1 Like
1 0 2

Is there still no solution to this? I'm curious, why integrate an Amazon channel without taking this into account?

2 Likes
Tourist
5 0 1

As another person with a GTIN exemption, I would like to see a solution to this as well. In the meantime, I am trying to figure out how to upload a flat file to Amazon so the listing process can at least be a little less time-consuming than doing it manually. There's still a product ID field in the template, though, so I'm not sure what to put there.

1 Like
1 0 1

Has anyone found a workaround for this yet?

1 Like
1 0 1

Add me to the list of people who need an effective option.  You really expect me to manually input thousands of codes??

1 Like

If this is important to you right now, I suggest skipping the Amazon channel and using a great app called Codisto https://apps.shopify.com/codisto-linq

If the thought of installing another app or using it as a temporary solution is a turn off you, you can also use them for eBay.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Has Shopify ever fixed this issue?

1 Like
1 0 0

Codisto seems to allow for this. I ended up buying 100 UPCs off Ebay and started plugging them into the ASIN field, clicked the question mark that showed up and found this at the bottom!

"Brand Registry/GTIN exemption

The only exemptions from supplying a product identifier for listing new products on Amazon are obtaining Brand Registry or GTIN exemption from Amazon.

If you have exemption, contact support@codisto.com with evidence of your exemption from Amazon and the requirement to supply a GTIN on those brands/categories in Codisto will be lifted. Read about why this is necessary here."

We already have the exemption and are waiting to hear back from the brand registry. We will be emailing Codisto tomorrow to have them turn that field off for us!!! Fingers crossed!

0 Likes
2 0 1
Add me to the list! Disappointing to see that Shopify hasn't solved an issue that's clearly been around since 2017. This really discourages me from using the product in general. I may just cancel my account and move to using Amazon and Instagram exclusively if this doesn't get fixed - this seems like an obvious problem for small businesses.
0 Likes