Shopify Amazon integration - Requiring a UPC, but I have a GTIN exemption from Amazon?

Highlighted
1 0 1
I seem to be having this issue specifically with the Electronics > Cell Phones & Accessories > Cases > Cases category. All of my other listings haven’t had a problem. All of the sudden, Shopify is requiring a product identifier. This is a serious glitch. It is very convenient to handle all of my Amazon matters via Shopify. It kind of defeats the purpose of having Shopify if I have to do everything on Amazon.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Update: I called again and pushed for an answer and I got it. Unfortunately, the answer confirmed what it's been said in various channels. Shopify does not support Amazon's GTIN exemption, therefore or you create the products on Amazon without a UPC and then link the products with shopify so you can synch the inventory and see the orders OR you add a UPC so you can publish from Shopify. Yeap! that's a shame, hopefully they will include the feature in upcoming releases.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 3

I was going to start listing my products on Amazon this year. UPC exemption in place. Found out that there is no way to list without having to go through a third party app or paying for UPC. This is unacceptable!!! Shopify needs to fix this for its customers because it is too dang time consuming and expensive. 

3 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2

I am in the same situation here.   I would love to hear an update on this from Shopify.   

Our GTIN exemption was granted from Amazon for our store and we are trying to use the amazon integration within Shopify.   We are getting blocked because we don't have a GTIN.   Please let us know when there is an update to resolve this.   

Just wanted to add my voice too so that Shopify knows that it is still an issue :) 

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Is there already an answer/solution for this problem? We're struggling with the exact same thing. Shopify please do something about this!!

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Nearly 3.5 years later, and Shopify has yet to respond/fix this issue?  Shopify support - are you there??  Can we at least get a response please?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

+1 on this - it's annoying enough to have to go through an amazon approval to skip this requirement, now it looks like i wont be able to list on amazon until they have added this feature. seems like such a small request from such a large number of people.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

I've opened a ticket with Support. Let's see what's their response after 3 years

Will post their reply.

Date: Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 10:19 PM
Subject: Re: Request open since 2017 by various Shopify users. Is shopify planning to address this issue?

Thanks for contacting Shopify Support! A support ticket has been created and one of our team members will review it soon.

Our Shopify Help Center is an excellent source on everything Shopify, where you’ll find tons of information on setting up your store and ways to sell. We also have a YouTube channel with lots of great video tutorials, as well as the Shopify Community discussion forums.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

No solution yet.

Agil Monte (Shopify)

Aug 13, 2020, 7:37 AM EDT

Hey,

I appreciate you reaching out. I am Agil from Shopify Support. Glad to be of service.

Thank you for raising your concern regarding Shopify Amazon integration which requires a UPC. I understand you are GTIN exempt so this can be inconvenient for you. I can sense the urgency that you need to have this sorted. Don't worry, we'd be glad to help you here as much as we can.

I genuinely understand the frustration here as this is definitely an issue we're aware of, and that our developers are working on. For the moment, the best workaround to use is to create your product listings on Amazon Seller Central and then link it to your Amazon channel, just as Brian Slevin describes in the Shopify Forums discussion thread you mentioned:

ebsmia_0-1598067512926.png

Also, if you have your own brand, you can absolutely register your brand with Amazon and then you can create listings without GTINs by using the Amazon sales channel. You can add a registered brand to the Amazon sales channel from the Account page. You need to use the same brand name that you use on Amazon Seller Central. Here are the steps:

• From your Shopify admin, go to Amazon.

• Click Account.

• In the Amazon Brand Registry section, click Add registered brand.

• Enter your brand name, and then select the listing category and attribute for the brand.

• Click Add brand.

After you add your registered brand, you can select it when creating a listing and you won't have to add a GTIN for the listing.

We trust that there will be a more direct solution to this in the future, but for the moment this workaround is going to be your best bet. I am glad I was able to help you. Thank you so much for your time. Should you need further assistance with this or with anything else, please feel free to reach back out to us and we'll be more than happy to lend you a hand. In case you would like to speak to a Support Advisor via our live channels, you can go to our contact page where you can chat with us or request for a callback. Have a great day ahead!

Best regards,
Agil | Shopify Support Advisor

On Aug 08 22:19 EDT, mgmt wrote:
Shopify Amazon integration - Requiring a UPC, but I have a GTIN exemption from Amazon?
https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/Shopify-Amazon-integration-Requiring-a-UPC-but-I-...

[Z3GGK4-EZOM]
0 Likes