Shopify Amazon integration - Requiring a UPC, but I have a GTIN exemption from Amazon?

5 0 0

As Josh previously mentioned, our solution Codisto LINQ does not have this problem. Merchants with a GTIN exemption using our app simply need to email our support team to have it added to have this restriction lifted on their account so they can create listings for their product without a UPC. 

I'd also add that Shopify sellers without US currency stores or that wish to sell into Amazon in other countries (such as UK, Australia) are able to do this with our app. We support all store currencies and all global Amazon and eBay marketplaces.

We hope you'll consider our app as a solution to this problem: 

https://apps.shopify.com/codisto-linq

0 Likes
2 0 1

Add me to the list. Can't believe Shopify hasn't solved this yet given most of their customers must be small businesses trying to get off the ground, and therefore highly likely to be UPC exempt. As easy as removing the check with a checkbox. Please fix, Shopify!!

1 Like
1 0 0

Such an easy fix is making tons of people livid...what customer service. 

0 Likes
3 0 2

Agreed. How is this not fixed yet.

Not to mention another app charging $30/month eating into profits...

Plus Codisto is probably the worst app on the store.

2 Likes
Tourist
5 0 3

I'm new to Shopify and now questioning my choices if after 2 years this hasn't been fixed. I too applied for and received an exemption and even used it through a print on demand platform.

Why has this NOT been dealt with Shopify? It's 2019!

2 Likes
Tourist
10 0 7

Add my vote to the list Although I have another reported bug for 6-7 month out now no ETA on a fix . Shopify you really need to step up and listen to your customers because it's our business. These missing small features cost us a lot of money and time.

2 Likes
1 0 0

We are experiencing the same issue with our Shopify accout and GTIN exemption from Amazon.

0 Likes
2 0 0

Just run into this problem. Called customer service and the person was not familiar with it. I started to search for the fix as she "will get back to me" and supposedly will send me a workaround. I found this, WOW 2 years!! I hope I get an answer or the workaround so I can share it with you all.

0 Likes
2 0 0

Their response..

Here are the steps you can follow to sync up listings on Amazon to Shopify:
1. Create your listings on Amazon and wait for the offers to sync to Shopify.
2. Continue to list their products using our Amazon Sales Channel. Note they will have to use valid UPCs/EANs in order to do so.
3. Apply for Brand Registry through Amazon and list their items using the key attribute assigned to their brand.

No Good..

1. time consuming

2. not a fix

3. definetly not a fix for the reported issue

0 Likes
1 0 0

I also need this feature.  I don't want to pay 60 - 100 per month for Codisto.  This is a built-in in Shopify feature that should work.  We should not be required to enter a 'Product Identifier' that is not required by Amazon because we have an exception for certain vendors/categories.

0 Likes