Shopify Birthday Discount Codes

Highlighted
3 0 1

Hello,

I'm having trouble trying to find a way to configure discount codes to my email subscribers for their birthday.  I'd like the code to be used once per year within 48 hours after their birthday.  The only option within Shopify that I see is "Limit one use per customer".  I'd like it to be one use per customer per year, with everyone having the same discount code (that seems easiest).  If anyone has any direction that'd be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
333 1 42

Hey!

I'm Aria, a Social Care guru at Shopify.

The simplest way I know to automate Birthday discount codes would be to use the Happy Birthday Email Discounts app. It will send a unique Birthday email with a single use discount code to each customer.

You can certainly stick with manual discount creation but there isn't an option natively in the admin to create a discount code that limits the use to once per customer per year. I guess the easy workaround would be to create a new discount code for each calendar year. HAPPYBIRTHDAY2019, for example. That way, it could be used once per customer during 2019 and the code expires at the end of the year, to be replaced with a new code for 2020. It does mean the customer could use the code at any point throughout the year. Using the app would certainly be more sophisticated and it seems more special when they can only use it near their Birthday.

Let me know what you think.

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify

Aria, Social Care Guru, Shopify
0 Likes