Shopify Cart Properties got deleted

Biz_developer
3 0 0

One of my client using our shopify designer tool application to facilitate customers design your own and made checkout. Once the product added to the cart we are adding some cart line-item properties to indicate the designer product. All the data are very useful for us to make further process. But somehow shopify deleting these cart properties from line item.  Could anyone please helps ?

Attached image for reference.

Screenshot-from-2021-04-28-14-32-14.png

0 Likes
Jason
Shopify Expert
10275 144 1945

Seeing the screenshot doesn't indicate that something is being removed. It's just as likely that it's not being added to the other line items.
Is there an example link where the forum members can see this in action? Live examples are really useful for troubleshooting.

Have you tested getting to the cart stage to see if the properties exist on all items?

I jump on these forums to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work.

Don't hand out staff invites or give admin password to forum members unless absolutely needed. In most cases the help you need can be handled without that.

★ http://freakdesign.com.au ★
0 Likes

Some possibilities are: 

- The product form is not properly set up to trigger the properties to show on all the products because the products are using a different product template.

- if you are using an application to generate the properties fields then the products are not properly set up for all the products

- The properties are set up in a way that they don't carry through to checkout.

Regardless you may need a developer to review this closer to find the proper fix.

0 Likes
Biz_developer
3 0 0

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your reply!

You can see in screenshot first line item has many cart properties similar like all other product also have that cart properties.

Yes, cart properties  in added for first time when it added to cart. You can see in log file reference here. We are adding in log file once any product added to cart. reference is for one product only.

But between added to cart and checkout it automatically deleted. It happens with only 2 customers. For others are its working fine. So, We are not getting any root cause behind it.

Looking for your reply soon.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Biz_developer
3 0 0

Hi @LMPTechSolution 

Thank you for your reply!

We are adding cart properties through my application. Third possibilities might be happen but its working for all and product added to cart by same process. Its facing only 2nd time now.

Hope you will get my point.

0 Likes