Shopify Customer Support Rep

Viridisly_Ecomm
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi,

Is there a way to contact a customer support rep from Shopify?

We have a lot of issues with setting up our store, for example with the payments (after installing PayPal and a third party app) since we are not able to buy from our store when doing a test order.

Can someone please advise if there is a way to chat/email with a customer support rep?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 120 168

Hi, @Viridisly_Ecomm,

Hank here from Shopify.

Sorry to hear you have run into some issues since setting up your store, I'd be happy to assist you via the Community forums if it is some general problems that have occurred. I can also share with you how to reach our live chat teams should you need some account-specific assistance.

You mentioned you set up PayPal, and a third-party app, but are you referring to placing a test order using the bogus gateway? Or is it using another payment gateway? I would recommend using the Shopify simulated "bogus-gateway" to test your checkout prior to launch. That way you can be sure that your checkout works for when you start selling to your customers.

Would you like to share any more issues you are facing, or tell me if the above has worked for you?

If you prefer to talk with our live chat teams, you can access them by logging in to your store via the Help Center. Once you login to the help center, you will be asked to search for some topics to assist with your query. After searching, and if you cannot find the appropriate topic, you will see below the suggestions, the option to continue to get to live support. There you will find the available contact methods to reach the live chat team, pending on wait times you may also see the option to receive a call back from one of the support advisors also.

Or as I mentioned, I'm more than happy to assist you with any non-accoun-specific issues as I am unable to access your account via the public forums.

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Viridisly_Ecomm
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi @Hank thank you! will check the live chat option you mentioned below (will follow the steps detailed below). 

About the test order, we just tried to buy directly from the store as a regular customer and the payment options don't work...we have 2checkout app and paypal activated but still as a regular customer we cannot proceed with the purchase.

I was not aware of the bogus-gateway option from Shopify, I will check it out as well.

Another issue that we have is that we work with CJ dropshipping app and their warehouse address in China appears as not verified/valid by shopify, we checked with CJ rep and they said other customers who work with Shopify were able to add their warehouse address with problems:

Viridisly_Ecomm_0-1614094113960.png

If you know how to set the right format for the address please let me know: full address: Address: F2, BUILDING 8, NO.89, SIYUAN ROAD, NIANSANLI STREET, YIWU, JINHUA, ZHEJIANG PROVINCE 322000 CHINA

Thank you very much!

Shirly

0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 120 168

Thank you for the additional context, Shirly.

I would recommend testing with the bogus gateway first, and then you can reactivate both PayPal and 2Checkout. Sometimes, your payment gateway may be set to test mode, which would stop you (or your customers) from purchasing from the store. That can be disabled within the settings of the payment gateway (if applicable) in Settings > Payments.

With regard to the address issue, is that your address, or the address of the drop-shipper? You would need to input your own address here, rather than that of your drop-shipper. But with the format, it is normally the same format seen on the likes of Google maps or other navigation maps, as well as shipping carriers. The idea then is to match them to make it easier to purchase shipping labels if applicable.

Let me know how you get on!

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog