Shopify Discount

Solved
abcdefjaix
2 0 0

Is there someone who can help me understand how discounts in Shopify are distributed? For example I set up a flat 50 OFF on all products. When I go to the checkout and apply the voucher, it's not 25 off each (50/50 partition), but rather like this: https://prnt.sc/15rwldn

0 Likes
June
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
231 78 40

Hi @abcdefjaix,

Hope you're doing well today!

I'm happy to chat about your discounts and how we can expect them to behave at checkout. First I'd love to gather a little more context:

• Is this an automatic discount or discount code that you've created? 
  • Have you used your admin's inherent discount options (found by selecting Discounts > Create discount) or an app to create your discount? 
  • Is the discount for 50% or 50.00 off?
  • If you're comfortable doing so, could you please share a screenshot of the discount Summary, found on the right hand side of your discount page in your admin (example below)? Otherwise, can you please confirm the details you've entered under each of these fields on the same page: Type, Value, Applies to, and Minimum requirements

21-58-85987-7345

Thanks so much! 

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
abcdefjaix
2 0 0

Discount code (would the computation be different if it's automatic?)

Admin

Yes, please see attached.

Capture.PNG

0 Likes
clamify
Tourist
10 1 1

Yes, please give it a try with automatic to see if that works.
I just tested with similar results of manual code not having a 50/50 split while the automatic discount takes it off at the order level.

0 Likes
June
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
231 78 40

This is an accepted solution.

Thanks so much for this screenshot, @abcdefjaix!

The way we're seeing your checkout distribute the ₱50.00 discount is consistent with the behaviour described below (and here in more detail). By this I mean, ₱50.00 has been deducted from the combined value of your two eligible products, with a roughly 94% discount to each price. 

23-16-84240-15850

If you'd like the discount to be applied to the full order, then you can adjust the Applies to field to All products:

23-23-49124-57164

Even so, we'll ultimately see products of different prices discounted (proportionately) by different amounts at checkout.

Let me know if you have any questions about that! 

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes