Shopify Email- Customers not shown

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi guys,
Im truing to send an email to my customers using the Shopify email app regarding an update of COVD-19. However, I made a group of customers and all required but they are not showing on the email app and it is kind of frustrating. When I filter my customers I think they are under the filter do not accept email marketing... how to fix this... I did not give them such an option.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
472 40 104

Hi, @Danian!

Julie here from Shopify Support. 

It's great to hear that you're wanting to send customers an email update on COVID-19. It's definitely important to be communicating closely with your customers during these times, and this is a trend we're seeing from a lot of businesses lately. 

In order to send customers emails, they will need to have explicitly accepted email marketing. This can be done through a newsletter signup form on your homepage or through your online checkout. It sounds like the customers you have added to this list did not accept email marketing, which is why you are unable to send them an email. How are you typically capturing customer email addresses? 

To help increase the number of customers who accept email marketing, I recommend ensuring that your checkout settings are set to "Preselect the sign-up option", which looks like this:

accepts-marketing-36291111e825caf083ca7a69429c03b891d3acb9981d41da8a6c62c7a9dbbe81

With this option pre-selected, you'll likely see an increase in email subscribers who you will be able to send promotional emails to. The reason why this option needs to be checked is due to legal and privacy reasons; in fact, in some countries, companies are prohibited from sending customers emails unless they have explicitly consented to receiving marketing.  

As you continue drafting up this email, I recommend checking out our blog post, "Closing the Social Distance: How These Businesses Are Creating a Sense of Community During COVID-19". This post offers some great advice on how you can continue to foster engagement with customers and includes examples from other businesses who are finding new ways to adapt to these uncertain times. I think you'll find it quite inspiring. 

I hope this helps clear things up! How are you finding the Shopify Email feature so far? 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes