Shopify Export to CSV Issue, file is never sent?

Solved
Haegan
1 0 0

We have 4.5k items currently listed inside the storefront and active. 

We go to products and choose Export from the top.  We then choose all products and export to CSV for excel.

From there we receive the happy popup saying that the file will be sent to our email which is shown to us and is the correct one.

Our I.T. says that there does not seem to be any blocked messages due to size. This makes us think that the file is simply not being sent to us.

Is there a way to possibly fix this? Failing that, is there a way to download the file directly or use the API to pull the same information?

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2290 243 477

This is an accepted solution.

@Haegan 

Hmm, that is strange! I suspect it may be due to the size of the CSV. The larger the CSV the longer it will take for it to generate and be sent to your email. 

Are you able to test whether a smaller batch of products will produce a CSV email? If yes, then the size of the CSV would be the issue. If not, then I would recommend reaching out to our Support as they can look into why the email is not sending. 

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes