Shopify / Facebook Shop Integration - Currency error

2 0 0

Hello, we have been trying to set up our Facebook Shop through Shopify. We use Dominican Peso as our currency and it's supported by Facebook Shop, we can even create products in FB using DOP but we are getting this error in Shopify:

"Your store’s currency isn’t supported by Facebook

We’re working to expand the list of currencies supported by Facebook. Until then, change your store’s currency to sell on Facebook."

We would like to set up our Facebook Shop and tag products in our Instagram posts in DOP, as it stands right now we would have to double up on creating our 1000+ products in Facebook too or change our currency which is not possible.

Our store meets all the requirements to use these features but we are limited by currency support.

Is Shopify working on expanding these or is there a work around to this issue?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 49

Hey there, 

I'm Ann, from the team here at Shopify :)

At this time, there are limitations on which currencies can be used with our Facebook store and Instagram shopping integrations. You are right, the Dominican Peso isn't a part of the list of available currencies. You can see the detailed list on this page in our Shopify Manual. 

The workarounds for this are as you've stated, you can either change your store's currency to one that is approved by our integration, or you can create a Facebook store outside of the Shopify platform. I'm afraid there wouldn't be any other workaround you can try. 

That said, I will definitely pass this information along to our developers. Feedback like this is crucial to making sure that our Shopify platform can cater to people all over the world. I will open up a feature request with your store URL so if our team of developers have any more questions, they can reach out to you directly. 

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us on this thread :) 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
2 0 0

Thank you Ann.

As a supported Facebook Shop currency, Shopify should include it as so. It would help us, and others, channel more sales through these features and integrations.

We are open to any feedback and support you need.

Have a great day.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 49

Hey there, 

I definitely see what you mean! I have gone ahead and let our team of developers know about this :) 

If there's anything else I can help with, just let me know. 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
9 0 0

Good day,

In your approved currency list, I see HKD --> HK$, however, when I selected HKD, in facebook, it displays as $ only. This chases away my customers because they think the price is in US$ or something, which is almost 7.5 times, compared to HK$. How to resolve this problem?

Pleased to hear

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

Please include the Kuwaiti Dinar in your supported list of currencies for the Facebook channel.

Thanks,

Ahmad Ashkanani

0 Likes