Shopify Holds Consumers funds for over a week? During a national crisis!

1 0 1

Shopify: Channel Islands Surfboards issued me a refund of $740.03 on the morning of March 17th, through Shopify. It has been 7 business days. They said you have our funds. Why do you hold consumers funds for 7 days? This is completely

unethical

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1387 136 376

Hey there, @mmcconkey 

Bo here from Shopify Support!

Thank you for reaching out regarding this. I cannot speak to the specifics of your order in particular but I can confirm that this is not something our platform would do. If the merchant is using our payment gateway and issued a refund, the refund should reach your account within 2-3 business days.  If the order was refunded a short time after it was initially made (2-3 days) this likely would have been processed as a reversal of funds rather than a refund. With a reversal, it won’t display in your statement that a refund was provided, but the initial charged amount will be adjusted. It is likely that you would have seen an initial authorized amount for the full order, but after the reversal has settled the transaction would just fall off the statement. Some banking applications (like mobile apps) have a hard time displaying this. It would be best if you reach out to their bank directly and confirm this with them. If your bank cannot confirm this, please have the store owner get in touch with our support team and we may be able to provide an ARN tracing number that they can then give to you to give to your bank. 

I hope this clears things up,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1387 136 376

Hey there, @Adrianc 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

I can see that you have posted on many posts with this same request. While I understand the urgency you are feeling, this is not a good way to get this resolved. You are always better off to contact our support team. Please refrain from spamming posts like this in the future as it can lead to you being blocked from posting in the Community. I will be reaching out to you directly via email to help you with this account sensitive issue. 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 1

I have a problem with my store I would like to solve my store: https://freshshopstore.myshopify.com

I have a problem and I wanted to contact you, it happened that my store is normal and is currently unavailable. And I can't even enter Shopify Admin

I doubt that the Shopify team froze my store because it was not paid shopify blan but they only told me when

I don't pay oct.4 only then will I freeze it if you could help me with what's going on

Normally I want to log in to my admin and pay my bill I don't understand why my store is frozen because it said that Oct 4 will be frozen if I don't pay

0 Likes