Shopify ID verification for shopify payments

ryh
6 0 0

@Nick 

Hi Nick, just a quick question.

We already have EIN, Business Registration & Banking Information under the Business Address, and wondering why the Proof of Address, such as utility bill/leasing agreement, is needed at the same time? As we support the customer service through email or messenger apps, we don't really have a local phone number or a utility bill as the building is a co-sharing office. It would be nice, is there any way this can be waived or be replaced with a different piece of information?

Thank you,

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3595 292 697

Hi @ryh,

It won't be able to waived or for different documentation to be used. In terms of why they are needed and at the same time is explained in the Shopify Payments Terms of Service here in section B.3. 

14-54-cbsw2-pkryd

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Norddin
1 0 0

Hi quick question,

I’m living with my parents so the utility bills are not in my name, is there any other document that I can upload? I used an paycheck addressed to me but it wasn’t accepted.

@Nick 

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3595 292 697

Hi @Norddin,

In some countries a bank statement can also work, but not all. Can you try using a bank statement to see if that gets accepted. 

If that doesn't work, it could be worth reaching out to our support team directly to explore this further with the relevant team. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

0 Likes
BilalZahid
1 0 0

Hi Azeem,

I am facing the same issue. I have a company registered in UK but don't have the utility bills for the verifcation.

Did you find the solution?

0 Likes
Dragnes
2 0 0

Hello Nick.

1) I live in Turkey and I have a company in the UK. I want to use Shopify payments, but proof of address is required. is there a solution to this? Can an invoice be sent to the company address?

2) Can I use "Stripe" if there is no solution?

Thanks

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3595 292 697

Hi @Dragnes,

Good questions. Let's look and answer them below:

1.) You would need to have a significant operating presence including a permanent address in the UK for this to be possible, a forwarding addresses wouldn't be sufficient in a case like this. 

2.) This would be a question for Stripe on whether or not Stripe will support you, Shopify wouldn't have control over a decision they make. But with that said, you can enable Stripe from the admin of your store also. You can contact Stripe directly from their support here too. 

0 Likes