Shopify ID verification for shopify payments

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi so i have a UK LTD company on my name but im not a resident of United kingdom i was just wondering how do i prove my identity when shopify payments ask me for identity verification? since being a non resident i dont have the utility bills.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3244 245 556

Hi @aliasif12,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Good question. If you could share what government ID you do have and the appropriate team can look into it and advise you from there/let you know if anything else is needed. 

If you could share as much of the following it would be hugely beneficial to help you in this instance: 

• Proof that your business is registered in that country with the government.
  • Proof you are operating from the country in which you would like to have Shopify Payments.
  • You have a legitimate address in that country (not a forwarding address, you must be able to provide power/phone bills).
  • You have a bank account located in that country (Payoneer or other money transferring services that mimic bank accounts in a location will not suffice).

You can also see the Shopify help guide here which shows the countries Shopify Payments is available in and what's necessary for each country. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi Aliasif,

Bro were you able to find any solution to your problem for utility bil?

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi @Nick ,

I recently activated my shopify payments and after one day Shopify is asking for Photo ID and Utility Bill verification. According to your reply it seems I have to submit a bill related to my organisation but Shopify has expressed they want a document that shows the individual’s address. Also What type of utility bill will work Mobile or Water or Electricity? Looking Forward.

22.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3244 245 556

Hi @azeemhaider1,

In this instance, it would be any utility bill you have but it must be the same address associated with your Shopify Payments set up. So they must match in this case. It wouldn't matter if it's a personal or business utility bill, but it must be the same address. It can be any of the types you mentioned below or an internet bill also, anything along those lines would work as long as it is the same address and your name. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hello @Nick 

Can I provide my UK Company documents as a proof of address. It has the same address as of my shopify payments.

Will it work?

Looking Forward,

Regards.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3244 245 556

Hi @azeemhaider1,

Company bills should also work. When you say documents, can you elaborate a little, please? If it is something you created it might not suffice, it would be best to have a bill of any kind which was sent to you by a third party. But it must be the same address as your Shopify Payments, that part is vital. 

0 Likes