Shopify IP static affects Google SEO

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello all,

I have just taken a basic Shopify plan, I bought a theme and my website is almost ready. Then I realized that Shopify software runs only on their servers which means that all Shopify stores will have same IP, right ? In this case if there are scam stores or the IP is blacked many bad things could happen like: emails go into customer's spam, Google SEO will treat the store as a blacklisted and so on...

Is there any solution for this issue? 

many thanks

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
73 7 13

Hey there, @azzido

Thanks for reaching out today! That's also a great question you have that I'm happy to answer.

While I do understand your concerns around dedicated vs shared IP's, we currently do not offer dedicated IP's on our core plans. Dedicated IP addresses are usually used for large SSL-encrypted secure websites and particularly large and/or traffic-heavy sites. Most shared hosting users will have no issues without a dedicated IP address.

With that said, I have compiled some useful resources that you can look into to optimize your Shopify store for search engines:

• Here's a great doc by Google which will really help you out on the fundamentals of SEO

• This article here is filled with insight on proper link building strategies that will help your pages rank for certain search phrases

• This is a list of what NOT to do on Google. It breaks down a variety of SEO myths and how to avoid them.

I think this should get you started! If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi @Dirk ,

Thank you for your useful links to Google SEO.

You sent me documentation to read and to figure out if shared IP could affect or not Google SEO. Some webmasters say that it is not mandatory to have static IP while some say that it's better.

I just want to avoid investing a lot of time in SEO by implementing Google SEO recommendations and to find out that I am banned by Google because at the same IP Google found 18+ content, frauds, etc.

Do you have in mind some shopify stores that could be found on Google first page for some keywords ?

Thanks

0 Likes