Shopify In-store Pickup

Solved
7 0 0

Hi is there any possibility to set the instore pick up option some of my product but not all. I want to set it manually?

Thanks For the Reply

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1588 64 180

Hi @allan026

Nick here from Shopify.

This is something which you are not able to natively with the Shopify platform. The way the system is set up, it is something you must have for every product or for none of them. It is called Cash on Delivery (COD) within the Shopify admin. You can find out more about it from the Shopify guide here. The COD function is quite basic, where you would have to provide the information to the customer on where to pick up the product as well. The inventory would still come from your online store and be like any other order and the customer would be notified via an email when you click fulfillment also like any other order.

However, there is a workaround with this that comes in the form of an app. I took a look through the app store and did find an app which might be able to accomplish what you’re looking for. It’s called Store Pickup Click and Collect and the feature I discovered where you would use collections to make specific products mandatory to pick up.  You can see the image where it states this below:

18-59-3ks18-yygwj 

Another app I found which has the same functionality is the Store Pickup and Delivery app.

Can I ask the reason you want to be able to set the in-store pickup to certain products and not others? The reason I ask is that I’m wondering if this approach is the best going forward. For example, if you only had certain products in a specific location then the Locations feature might be more applicable. Locations allow you to have products fulfilled from multiple locations relatively easily. But by knowing the why behind it, it could help for giving you a better solution. Let me know.🙂

Hopefully, this helps and looking forward to hearing from you.

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Partner
9 2 2

Hi @allan026,

I'm the creator of Store Pickup + Delivery as recommended by @Nick. Within our app you can specifically state which products are available from which of your pickup locations. We also have a direct integration with Shopify's multi-location inventory feature. Meaning that not only can you specify which items are available for pickup from which location, you can also prevent customers from selecting pickup from locations that don't currently have stock. 

Screenshot 2019-01-22 at 13.33.52.png

If you have any questions please let me know. We'd love to help get you on-boarded :) 

Thanks,

Andy 

Founder - Zapiet - Store Pickup + Delivery (apps.shopify.com/click-and-collect)
1 Like
7 0 0

Hi @Nick

if you have a look at the screenshot below this is a product which is tagged in_stock_europe. It has the text as highlighted, ‘in store pick up $0’

This is just a little confusing for the customer as it looks like it is available now if they are in perth.

Is there any way we can remove this text from the products that are tagged with in_stock_europe.

We will still need for products tagged in_stock .

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1588 64 180

Hi @allan026,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. 

I'm not quite sure I completely understand what you mean. To clarify do you mean you have some products saying "in store pick up $0"  on the description where the products are not available for in store pickup? 

If so, this is something which would require custom work from a Shopify Expert or it might be something that can be done within an app. I'm wondering would @Andrew_Cargill be able to shed any light on if his app can do this? 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Partner
9 2 2

Hey @allan026,

It's certainly possible to hide specific product tags using liquid code. Although every theme/store is setup differently and so it's not very easy to give specific instructions on the forum without you providing a lot more information about your setup. To give you a rough idea you could use some code like this:

{% for tag in product.tags %}
  {% unless tag contains 'in store pick up $0' %}{{ tag }}{% endunless %}
{% endif %}

Feel free to drop my support team a message on support@zapiet.com if you need further help :) 

Thanks,

Andy

Founder - Zapiet - Store Pickup + Delivery (apps.shopify.com/click-and-collect)
1 Like