Shopify / Lightspeed Integration

Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 3

Hi There,

I have a small brick & mortar store with two locations.  My POS vendor is Lightspeed (This is the desktop version of the point of sale from Lightspeed).  I would like to move forward with using Shopify as my e-commerce solution for a number of reasons (not limited to the fact that Shopify dominates in the e-commerce arena), but I am struggling to understand how I can synchronize the data (in specific, product inventory) between the two systems.  I should mention that I do not want to switch to the Shopify POS because Lightspeed POS is a more mature product and I am not ready to trust my core business - POS - to the cloud.

I have spoken with Shopify & Lightspeed support.  This appears to be the only solution:
http://accumula.com/connector-for-shopify-integration/

Unfortunately, the $75.00 (approx) monthly fee is outside my budget, therefore this is not an option I am willing to pursue.

My question - surely someone else has crossed this bridge?  I'd be really interested in hearing how you tackled the issue.  There must be more options... 

At a rudimentary level I feel that the Lightspeed Export to TXT could be married with some level of automation/macro to the Shopify CSV import to create even a basic sync that could be manually performed.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you -

Doug.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
333 0 26

Hey Doug,

Have you tried out using Shopify POS?  Just curious as I've hear a lot of salespeople from other companies scare others away from 'the cloud', but the benefits of the cloud are so big that most companies are going that direction.  (Even lightspeed's new products are like that).  

For example: payment processing is already dependant on your internet connection working, the cloud eliminates the risk of lack of backups in case your system gets stolen or there's a fire, etc.  I know that if Shopify POS will still work without an active Internet connection and will re-sync once the connection resumes.  I guess I am just curious as to why you wouldn't want to trust your system to Shopify POS, as it has processed tens of millions of dollars in sales...

Craig

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 3

Hey Craig,

Thank you for the response, but I was really hoping to get answers to my question in specific.  There are a number of factors at play (staff training, monthly cost, product maturity, etc.), but I will provide a response to your points:

Q. payment processing is already dependant on your internet connection working
A. with in-store POS, the debit will attempt to use the internet connection, failing this will drop back and use the phone line. (there is redundancy)

Q. the cloud eliminates the risk of lack of backups in case your system gets stolen or there's a fire, etc.
A.  we currently employ a cloud based backup.

Thank you,

Doug.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
333 0 26

Ah okay that's fair.  I hope you do give it a try - it is free to use for 14 days just to see what's possible.

I didn't respond to your specific question because I don't know the answer.  Sorry about that.  Hopefully someone else in the community can help address this.

Craig

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Hey Guys:

I stumbled on this post as I too was looking for a LightSpeed Pro to Shopify eCommece integration. Although I like many aspects of Shopify POS, LightSpeed Pro is far ahead in many areas and to get additional features in Shopify, you have to load it up with Apps.

For example something as simple as bar code printing requires the installation of an App (free) that is limited in the formatting and the information printed on the barcode. 

Without an external App (paid), Shopify has no provision to track costs, generate profitibility reports and generate purchase orders. 

Shopify does not print SKU #'s on the POS receipts nor does it barcode the receipt's making receipt lookup a manual effort. 

On the flip side, the LightSpeed Pro webstore is a joke and the Magento integration is too complex, requiring a full time IT person to manage.

Many argue that LightSpeed is too complex compared to other POS systems. For me the complexitly is a short term hurdle with the long term scaleable features and benefits far outweighing. 

I do not have any issues using a cloud based system and would rather use a cloud based POS integrated with Shopify. The 10 minutes a year the internet goes down while I'm processing a credit card sale, I'm more than OK with phoning in for authorization and paying the extra 50 basis points. If my internet went out regularly, I'd get a phone terminal for a backup. Any processor would give you one at no cost.

If Accumula is the integration sloution the $75.00 monthly fee is a no brainer. I'll be heading over to their site to check it out.

Thanks Doug for pointing me in that direction.

Tom

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
333 0 26

Hey Tom,

Thanks for the really fair feedback.  Shopify POS is constantly being worked on (it was only launched last August)  so hopefully we'll soon have more of the features you're looking for.

Craig

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 3

Anyone?

This is looking more and more like a manual export-product-process from Lightspeed....

Surprising....

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 3

Bump...

Surely I'm not the only one using Lightspeed with Shopify in the scenario I described.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 3

Welcome Tom!

Thank you Mark for the link, however I am using the version of Lightspeed Retail that is physically installed on the computers.

1 Like