Shopify Lite and the facebook pixel

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi all,

So there seems to be a thorough lack of information around the Shopify Lite package in all areas. 

I am having an issue understanding how to connect the Facebook pixel to my Lite plan, my understanding is that the pixel is pretty essential to the progression of Facebook marketing. Due to not only the tracking but the fact that Facebook learns from the tracking data and improves your future targeting. 

I have spoken to the Gurus who seem to have no idea how to do this apart form telling me I have to do some kind of background coding to install the pixel.

Can anyone shed some light on my situation here? any information would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
816 50 103

Hi there @oaken!

Don here from Shopify. :)

I can confirm that as the Facebook pixel requires you to have an Online store sales channel, it will not work on our Lite plan.

If this is central to your business strategy, you might want to consider upgrading to our Basic Plan for $29 USD/month which would grant you access to your own online store.

There's a bit more info here on our help site on how you would add the pixel to your online store via your Shopify admin if you'd like to check that out.

Have you thought about other methods for marketing or developed a marketing plan for your business yet?

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

This is pretty **bleep**ed up, we cannot track sales with the pixel when using the lite plan? Are you nuts?

0 Likes