Shopify Lite

DominicR
1 0 0

We currently have use the $79 per month Shopify plan.  But we don't need the Shopify store because we only use the Buy Buttons on our own custom website.  The store front is actually confusing some of our customers.  If we downgraded to Shopify Lite, what features would we lose?  Would we lose the ability to capture abandoned checkouts, use custom notifications, get advanced reporting or the like?  Also would it change anything with the Buy Buttons currently embedded on our site?

After looking on Shopify’s site, I really only see us losing access to multiple user accounts.  This isn’t a deal breaker, but I think the abandoned checkouts would be.  We also have several integrations (MailChimp, Affirm, Little Data, LiveChat, Facebook, etc.).  Not sure if they are supported on the lite plan either.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1298 79 171

Hi there @DominicR!

Don here from Shopify.

Thanks for taking the time to outline your queries about the Shopify Lite plan here on our Community forums.

You can check out details of the Lite plan alongside our other plans here, but in short, the Lite plan would be the same as the Basic Shopify plan, minus the Online store sales channel.

So any functionality that is directly tied to having an online store is affected, and most other functions are not.

For the specifics you mentioned here, you would still be able to recover abandoned checkouts from the Buy Button channel.

Reporting is one area where there would be less functionality available on the Lite plan versus what would be available on higher plans, so take a look at the side-by-side comparison here on our reporting guide

If there's some reporting functionality you would be missing you feel is really important to your business, you could still consider moving down the Lite plan and using a reporting app from our store to gain some of that necessary functionality.

For some of the integrations you mentioned here, you would just need to confirm with the developers of those integrations how or if they would work with the Shopify Lite plan and not having an Online store sales channel.

As a general rule, if it would require the use of an online store (theme, cart, website, etc) then the app or integration may not work on the Lite plan.

If you're using Facebook via Shopify itself, this channel would not be affected by moving down to the Lite plan.

Check out the info above and let me know if there's anything else I can help out with!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes