Shopify Order Notes not going through.

3 0 0

When our customers leave "notes" in the order notes section on the Cart page, the content does not actually get sent to us.  No notes come through. How do we resolve this? They use to work just fine. 

Any help is very appreciated!

Dana

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
474 27 67
Hi, there. 

Dallas here from the Shopify Social Care Team. 

I'd love to be able to help you with this, but it'll require a bit more information so I can gather the right context. When you say that none of the order notes are coming was it just from one customer that you heard this or were there multiple customers that complained?

Did you try to go through your check out and put in an order with order notes yourself to see what happened? When did you first start noticing this? 

Can you also share your store URL so I can take a look at your checkout?

With all of these details, I'd love to see what I can do to help solve this problem.

I'll await your response. 

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hi Dallas,

It was a complaint from numerous customers that the notes they put in were not reflected in the orders they received. When we looked back at their orders, there were no notes on our end. 

Also, we did do several test orders on our end to verify, and all of the order notes did not go through. 

The site URL is the following: https://milspin.com/

Please let me know what else you might need! I really appreciate you looking into this!

Dana

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
474 27 67

Thanks for sending all of this over. I got a member of my team to take a look at this as well. They were able to see cart notes at the bottom of the cart, but then they were wondering if you were wanting to see them in the order printout or in the order confirmation notification? 

With a bit of clarification, we may be able to see if we can find an easy solution. 

I look forward to hearing back from you,

0 Likes
3 0 0

Yes, we need to be able to see the notes in the order summary. So for example, a customer places an order, then we go to click on the order in the shopify dashboard, we need to be able to see what they wrote in the notes area. 

Here is what we've discovered... If a customer writes a note on the cart page, then clicks "checkout", no note will appear on our end. BUT, if the customer writes a note on the cart page, then clicks "update", then clicks "checkout", we will see the note. It never use to be like that though.

Dana

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
474 27 67

Thank you so much! I've reached out to our themes team and they asked for me to send this up so that they can take a closer look. I've gone ahead and sent an email to the account associated with this forums account. 

If that is the email that is the account owner for this store please just reply back. However, if it is another email please CC them to the email thread and get then to reply to the email. That will allow me to verify your account and then from there, I can send it up to the themes team. 

Please look out for that email. I look forward to hearing from you. 

0 Likes