Shopify POS APP is connected to my MPOP Printer but nothing works

Highlighted
1 0 1

I have  a model POP10 Receipt printer. The Mpop utility app says it's connected, and I can open the cash drawer and print a test receipt from there.

My problem is none of the functionality works on the Shopify POS app. In the app settings it says I am connected, yet the cash drawer won't open, there is no "no sale button", the barcode scanner won't read anything and the receipts don't print. also, the register doesn't open after a cash sale. 

Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 4

I have a similar problem and I'm waiting for Shopify Support to get back to me with a solution

The barcode scanner wouldn't work, Shopify Support advised that I update the POS app

Following this update, the barcode scanner works but receipts won't print and the cash drawer won't open 

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
14 0 1

This is the exact same issue I'm facing! We can search fine, utilise our barcode scanner fine, but now our receipt printer and cash drawer are on the fritz!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm having the same issue as of 28th August.

Working fine up until yesterday then managed one sale this morning then went all wrong. 

So far tried the usual unplug, reinstall, repeat! Opens cash drawer once then nothing. 

Mpop utility opens drawer and test prints and shopify pos showing connected but it doesn't work. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am having this exact problem as of 8/28!!  Seems to be an issue for many.   I’m contacting support now.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 4

The update has been released, so we can now print invoices and open the cash drawer.

But every product scanned is added to the cart twice!

Have informed the Retail Support Team, so I suppose there will be ANOTHER update soon.

At least we’re not yet paying $89 per month to use the app

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
14 0 1

We have the same issue as well @Lowri_Roberts 

Search works fully - receipt printer works fully - cash drawer works fully - barcode scanning... duplicates every time.

Fingers crossed its a quick release on an update from Shopify this time because patience is starting to wear very thin with POS this time... if it keeps up this level of frustration I can see us removing their POS from our store and potentially even moving to another website provider if it continues which would be a huge shame.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 4

I feel exactly the same

They’ve refunded a month of fees, so please tell them to do the same if you’ve been affected by this

Currently researching other providers for website and POS as I’ve lost a lot of faith in Shopify

Kept being told I was valued (after I said I didn’t feel valued as a customer) and the issue had been “escalated” and was “urgent”. But it’s ongoing! And I was told I just had to wait as the team are very busy - but you can’t contact them direct. You can’t even make a complaint.

Do Shopify staff read these boards?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Same issue on a new unit, makes no sense if the Device picks up in the POS app but wont print or open the cash drawer.

And we doing testing, can't imagine what will happen in a busy retail store and the all in one MPOP does not work the way its supposed.

Not sure what the support team is doing, but they are doing it wrong.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Having the same problem - All connected but barcode scanner, receipt and cash drawer all do not work - Please fix Shopify!

0 Likes