Shopify Partners Demo Site

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

Hi, I am a new to the Shopify Partner program and I will like to create a demo store(s) so I can show it to the small business owners to get them on board. My questions are:

1) How do I create a demo store? Do I create a it as a development store in my Shopify Partner Dashboard?

2) I created a development store but the editing seems to be different from the Shopify stores I previously created. Unlike the previous Shopify stores I created, I am unable to edit the Home page (there is no Home page at all), unable to choose a theme or make any changes in the widgets. I am only able to edit the theme preference and there is a message 'The Home page is not yet implemented. Only product, cart, password, and 404 pages are currently supported in the developer preview.'

Can anyone advise me with this. Thank you.

Regards,
SK

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
689 101 233

I think I know what's wrong. When you create a dev store you need to make sure this isn't checked:

Screenshot 2020-05-10 at 11.09.10.png

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the reply. Do you know where I can untick this box for the store? I am unable to find it at both the partner and store's dashboard.

If there is not option to untick this once the store is created, is there a way for me to remove/delete this store?

Thank you.

Regards,

Alan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
689 101 233

This is an accepted solution.

Hi - unfortunately you can't delete a store from your Partner account + you can't edit that field post creation. You'll need to create a new store & live with the fact that you'll forever see the old one. A bit rubbish I know but it's the way it is I'm afraid.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

Ah I see.
A scar to be kept as a reminder.
Thanks for the help Jon.
Regards.

0 Likes