Shopify Payment Setup Not Showing in Payment Providers

Highlighted
3 0 2

I've had not issue setting up Paypal, which was right there at the top. Apple Pay option shows, as well as the 3rd party options. However, there is nowhere to setup Shopify Payments. Is this perhaps due to my location, or using a VPN? 

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1903 120 299

Dear DaveFPV,

Hope this will help you: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/payments/shopify-payments/setting-up-shopify-payments

Best Regards
MS Web Designer | MS Web International | Task4Store
Contact Us: Click Here | task4store@mswebdesigner.com
9.9/10 Customer Rating | 1000+ Happy Clients | 100% Satisfaction Or Money Back Guarantee
0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3393 252 611

Hi @DaveFPV,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Can I ask which country you are based in? The reason I ask is that Shopify Payments and PayPal are not available in every country. Once I know which country you are based in I can share the payment gateways Shopify is partnered with in your country that you can use. 

In the meantime, I will also share the help guide Shopify has for Shopify Payment requirements starting with the countries it is available in. You can see it here as well as the countries it is available in, in the screenshot below: 

20-03-kf2lq-gt75q

I would also strongly suggest to not use a VPN to try and get this to work. As well as being in a specific country, there are requirements such as SSN numbers and bank details from the countries which will be needed. If these are incorrect, then it will not work. 

I hope this helps and don't hesitate to ask if you have any other questions. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, 

I am from Japan and I can't see Shopify Payment in my Payment Providers page. 

Can you help me as well?

Thanks,

Lara

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3393 252 611

Hi @artsylar,

The Shopify Payment section is the main box at the top once you go to the payment providers section (Admin > Settings > Payments > Payment Providers). You can see what the Shopify Payments section looks like from the screenshot of my test store below: 

20-07-1ymbo-mjfil

Can you let me know if that section isn't showing up for you please? Shopify Payments would not show up in any other payment provider section in the admin, in case you were looking somewhere else and didn't see it. It should be showing up for you, if you are based in Japan as that is one of the available countries for Shopify Payments. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thank you so much for your reply!

However it is really not showing up there. 

image.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3393 252 611

Hi Lara, 

Thanks for sharing the screenshot, that does look quite strange alright. It's difficult to figure out why this might be happening without taking a closer look at the admin. Because of this, the best next step would be to reach out via email directly to troubleshoot. I have sent you an email about this to verify your store details for privacy and security reasons. If for any reason you didn't receive an email, please let me know in a reply here! 

Highlighted
1 0 0

I have the same problem here. I can’t find that shopify payment section under the payment providers. Attached is the photo showing how it looks like in my payment providers settings. 

CA29771B-24BB-4F1D-8913-39E1F41FFE63.jpeg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3393 252 611

Hi @Vinceplr,

There primary reason why this might not show up would be if your store is based in a country where Shopify Payments is not yet available. Shopify Payments is only available in the countries listed below. Can I ask which country your store is registered under? Another reason could be if you already have a gateway chosen which isn't Shopify Payments related. 

20-07-3dly8-24o3t

You can see the guide Shopify has with more detail about the requirements for Shopify Payments here

0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

Hello Nick, i have the same issues like other people have, my Shopify Payments option is not visible. Im from Bulgaria but i own an LLC in USA and i also have my EIN number with my Business Bank Account which also is an USA one. Am currently using Stripe but i want to switch to Shopify Payments asap but can't seem to do it. Can you please help me out with that?

0 Likes