Shopify Payment asking for Photo ID & Proof of Business???

Keziahhairs
Visitor
1 0 0

I want to know why, after all this time Shopify is asking for Photo ID, Proof of Business, Personal Address, EIN, and etc. (PII data) after years of paying monthly payment without landing any sales... I think this compliance check shouldn't be brought upon client who are paying customer, and in a start up stage. Your company offer 14 days free with just a email then, you must subscribe in order to create a website. Now, I can't use Shopify Payments... I sent proof of business which includes all information needed to determine my business is legit or not... 

Is this really a compliance check? 

Reply 1 (1)

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 368

Hi, @Keziahhairs!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

Occasionally, our banking partners will request documentation from merchants for a standard account review. This can occur at any time and is outlined in the Shopify Payments Terms of Service. This is completely normal and is part of a general underwriting process.

Rest assured, you can continue using Shopify Payments during this review process. While payments can still be accepted, payouts are typically on hold until your documents are reviewed; the sooner you can submit them, the better!

You should have also received an email from our Shopify Payments team about this. For any questions about your Shopify Payments account or this process, it's best that you reply to their email directly as they are the best equipped to offer further insight. 

I hope this clears things up and I appreciate you being a longstanding Shopify merchant. If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to reach out! 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog