Shopify Payments Set up - Invalid Sort Code

Matt_Leaning
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hi, 

I'm trying to complete the set up of Shopify Payments on my UK store but everytime I try and submit the details I get an error saying my bank account sort code is incorrect.

I've tripple checked the code and it is valid (and correct). I've submitted a ticket to Shopify support but wondered if anyone else has had this issue.

Thanks

0 Likes
Philip_K
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
119 0 22

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums!

Sorry about the issue you're experiencing during set up. I've helped some merchants with this before. When entering the sort code you need to be sure that you are putting in dashes between the sort code for proper formatting. For example: 12-12-12

Usually that has resolved the issue! If that does not resolve the issue then it will be resolved in the ticket you've submitted with us. 

Hope that helps!

Thanks

Phil K
Customer Success Guru

0 Likes
Matt_Leaning
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Thanks Phil. That did it. The helper text in the input field is what confused me: "123456". Might be worth changing it to something like "12-34-56".

Thanks again

Matt

0 Likes
Ricards_Kalnins
1 0 0

Hi, have a similar problem altough I have a Latvian Bank account and Lavian Banks don't have sort codes. I did a little bit of research and aparently Latvian banks have swift code instead. what should I do ?

0 Likes
Philip_K
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
119 0 22

@Ricards

I would suggest reaching out to support@shopify.com or going to the Shopify Support help center to get in touch with a Shopify guru. They'll be able to provide you details on what countries and banking information works with Shopify Payments. In the mean time you can check out the Shopify Payments documentation HERE for more details.

0 Likes
VASYL
1 0 0

good day please change my country from United Kingdom to USA because I can not attach your Account number to Shopify ! I have a problem with Sort code

0 Likes
Myislam
1 0 0
Hi I'm trying to set up my payments, keeps saying my account number is invalid, I have double, triple checked it. Any advice?
0 Likes
shawna12
1 0 0

how do i set up a shopify payment with swift code 

0 Likes