Shopify Payments and Payouts on hold while requesting individual's utility bill

The_Pack_Track
4 0 0

Hi,

I had a weird group of messages in my dashboard after my most recent sale. The sale was the first for the year and shipped to Germany (from the UK). There were some issues with the order due to VAT being collected incorrectly but this was corrected before it shipped and a new invoice sent with the item. We fixed up the VAT settings and refunded the customer the amount that was paid for VAT and sent with a custom invoice. Anyway, something about this order seems to have generated a request for verification of our ID, specifically they wanted "a copy of a utilities bill that clearly shows the individual's address". I'm not sure exactly what constitutes a utilities bill, I rent a room with all bills included so don't pay utilities, I have a personal bank account, but even my mobile is under the business name. Will the bank account do? I did submit the bank statement so we'll see I guess but wanted to get an idea of how long this will take and whether this is going to be accepted.

Thanks

0 Likes
The_Pack_Track
4 0 0

The bank statement did seem to be accepted, but my address has changed since I setup this store. So obviously the document I uploaded doesn't match the address on my account.

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 20.10.54 blanked.png

How can I update my account address for me as an individual??

I've updated the business address which is the same as I work from home.

Thanks

0 Likes