Shopify Payments in Hungary

NAMI1212
4 0 0

Anyone knows when will Shopify Payments be available in Hungary? Love Shopify but thinking of leaving to another platform because their stupid way to prevent my customers to check out in their currently is harming my business greatly. Also pissed of the negative discrimination, everyone else has Shopify Payments, but we are left out of the party.

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2290 243 477

@NAMI1212 

I can appreciate why not having access to Shopify Payments is a frustrating experience and it negatively impacts your business. Our Shopify Payments team is hard at work to launch Shopify Payments in new countries; however, this can take time due to a number of different variables. Nevertheless, our teams will do what they can to launch Shopify Payments in new countries, including Hungary if they are permitted to do so. 

In the meantime, you do have access to several payment providers to accept payments in your store. Could you give me more details on why these payment provider options aren't working for your business?

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
NAMI1212
4 0 0

does any of those provide multi-currency check out?

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2290 243 477

@NAMI1212 

Only Shopify Payments supports multi-currency at checkout. You would need to have multiple stores, one for each currency if you have customers based around the globe. We do offer a multi-store discount for stores that need to set up additional stores for different languages/currencies. The discount works by having store "A" subscribe to the $79/month plan or higher. Every store thereafter will pay $29/month but receive all the features of store "A" - The stores will need to run under the same name and sell the same products in order to be eligible for the discount. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
NAMI1212
4 0 0

So this means I am forced to pay 1-2 times more for the same service than anyone who was lucky to born in the USA or Germany. Very not cool, negative discrimination is not cute. I've read the forum and Facebook groups and it's been a problem for years and it seems like you don't want to do anything about this problem. Even a single line of code would be enough to show the customers that for example how much euro their price is and how much it is converted to the shop's currency telling them they are going to pay in that currency but the same price as the displayed euro. Now they think the webshop check out is broken when their 20 euro price suddenly changes to 7205 "something " they don't even know what currency is it (which is understandable, it's a small country)...

I think I rather move to a better shop provider in a month or two  (as soon as I can :D)because I don't feel comfortable supporting a company that puts people from poor "less important" countries at a competitive disadvantage. It's a shame because Shopify had the best user interface, but this competitive disadvantage hurts my business in the long term.

0 Likes