How can I accept Shopify Payments in the US while based in Pakistan?

fahadzaid
Shopify Partner
1 0 2

I am planning to start dropshipping of treadmills. I have contacted the US suppliers and they approved me. I have built my store also.

I live in Pakistan and Paypal isn't available in my country, Also there is no shopify payments in my store.

I am selling in united states and I want them to shop by paypal and shopify payments, Is this possible? then How would I recieve payments, since I don't have verified paypal account.

I only have my bank account, credit card, payoneer account and internation payoneer credit card.

What's the solution?

banned
Replies 38 (38)

Edward-Newgate
Shopify Partner
570 22 61

Hi @fahadzaid 

If there is no Shopify payment in your store and Paypal is also unavailable so you can try other payment methods such as visa or MasterCard. We have prepared this detailed writing about Payment methods on Shopify for you

By the way, you can create a custom payment method for your Shopify store, here is the guideline Create custom payment method in 4 steps.

Was my reply helpful? Click Like or Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
savesuper
Visitor
1 0 0

How can I add Pakistani bank account as a payment method in Shopify?

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1025

Hi @savesuper,

It would be the same method for any store from any country to add a bank account to their store. Shopify has a guide which you can see for how to do this here. I've also put the steps for you on this directly below: 

1. From your Shopify admin, click Settings > Billing.

2. In the Payment methods section, do either of the following:

• To add a new bank account, click Add payment method.
    • To replace a bank account, click the ... button beside the bank account, and then click Replace.
  3. If necessary, from Payment method type, select Bank account.

4. Enter the account and routing numbers for the bank account that you want to verify.

5. Enter the store owner's name, and designate the account type as Private or Business.

6. Click Start verification.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1025

Hi @fahadzaid,

Nick here from Shopify. Good questions!

If you are selling from Pakistan, there is a list of gateways Shopify is partnered with there which you can look into using. Shopify Payments or PayPal are not currently available in Pakistan, so it wouldn't be possible to use either of those right now. You can see the list and links to the payment providers available in Pakistan right now below: 

You can see the list here from the Shopify website also. 

I hope this helps!

All the best, Nick

Awais19001
Visitor
1 0 5

Hi there,

None of the third party providers shopify listed on its website provide services in Pakistan. Please update the information on the web so people don't get disappointed. Like for example ''2check out'' doesn't  provide services to the new businesses. They just want people who already have business in running for over six month and that's why they ask u to show the payment history and details. Other payment providers those are listed on your web are only accepting bitcoin payments. Please update the list and try to get a credible third party service that provide payment solutions for people  who want to run drop shipping business from Pakistan.

Sadial
Visitor
1 0 2

Exactly. It is very disappointing. 2checkout has rejected many applications recently and for most of them they were asking history of previous sales. Shopify should provide easy method to get payment gateway integration for pakistan and the likes. Its been a month and i am too stuck at this payment gateway issue. Kindly provide guidance as there are many like me waiting for an independent solution.

Ahmed4214
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey

Can We add Our Pakistani Bank Visa Debit card for payment USD to PKR

Because I am planning to start dropshipping

Guide me plz

Thanks!

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1025

Hi @Ahmed4214,

You can definitely add a Pakistani bank and visa card for one of the gateway's Shopify is partnered with, in Pakistan here. It would not be possible with Shopify Payments (SP's) as SP's is not available in Pakistan. Thus, Shopify would not be able to pay out in PKR and cannot accept a Pakistani bank account for SP's.

mes004
Visitor
1 0 0

i made a store and shopify deducted $29 but there are no payment plans for Pakistan none of the above work. you should at least wait for me to activate a payment system before you deduct the $29 basic plan payment . it is unfair to do this to us.  Safepay is a Pakistan company i am trying this option do you think it works for Pakistan. 2 checkout is worst one they just make younwaste time.

Maqsood
Visitor
1 0 0

does SP accept Payoneer

MALI65903
Visitor
1 0 1

I have recently started dropshipping in Pakistan and its better that you provide COD as customers here in Pakistan prefer it more , as we all know that buying online in Pakistan are highly doubted and many are actually using online selling as fraud also.

Its better that we sell online By giving them an option of Cash On Delivery by partnering with courier company like LEOPARDS and BluEx. 

its so much better.

engralimirza
6 0 0

AOA Brother, 

You said you started dropshipping, which payment method you used in Pakistan ? 

engralimirza
6 0 0

AOA brother which payment method you used for dropshipping in Pakistan. 

haseebraza73
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi @MALI65903 

How can i contact you i also want to start dropshipping Pakistan?

HamzaBajwa
Visitor
1 0 0

Try to connect with payit, basically it's a pakistani online payment service provider company, deals with both local and international payments with multiple payment options. www.payit.pk 

LUQ1
Visitor
1 0 0

Will we charged for this ? Considering Basic Plan.

Glezzo
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Nick

How are you?

The list that shopify shows for payment providers for Pakistan is huge. But when we go on to payment settings then only 2checkout is available for Pakistan. And 2checkout is not approving new sellers account they need 6 months history so basically its not available for us also. So which channel we should go for?

M_Ahmad
Excursionist
30 0 4

Does LLC would work for Shopify Payments?

sachpak
Visitor
3 0 0

Sir I am working with SACH nonprofit organization since 2008 in Pakistan.  we need online fundraise donation system for organization through website: sachpak.org

any option available for nonprofit?

please help us

thanks

hashiromer
Shopify Partner
52 3 12

To be honest, the best solution would be to partner up with someone in a country where Shopify payment works rather than using a payment gateway nobody has heard of. Many customers would be hesitant to share their credit card details with an unknown company.

engralimirza
6 0 0
yes exactly can I contact you for help in dropshipping in Pakistan?
hashiromer
Shopify Partner
52 3 12

I dunno mate if I could assist you you since I reside in Pakistan myself. I can help with you with the development side of things if you need.

By the way, you can open a US bank account as a non citizen, from an LLC and operate from Pakistan. You can find the relevant information from here
 https://www.usa-corporate.com/start-us-company-non-resident/

engralimirza
6 0 0
ok man thank you
farhanjaveed1
Visitor
1 0 1

so we cannot start a dropshipping business in Pakistan on Shopify because of no payment gateway? is that correct? 

i wanted to sell internationally while being in Pakistan but confused about the payment gateway

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1025

Hi @farhanjaveed1,

You can definitely start a dropshipping business if you want and can use one of the payment gateways which Shopify has partnered with in Pakistan which you can see here

There is a great Shopify blog that goes into detail and is the ultimate guide to dropshipping which you can read here if you want to learn more

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

sajawalgujjar72
Visitor
1 0 0

But sir non of the given methods os working so far. I have tried Paymentwall gateway. They ask for your TAX ID Number and all the business registration documents along with other US citizen protocols. How can I have a Tax ID No. and business papers for my unregistered dropshipping store

Really disappointed 😐

Please guide me if you can 

It'll be a great favour sir 

Kind Regards

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1025

Hi @sajawalgujjar72,

From what you've said the reason none of the gateways are working for you is because you need to have a legal registered business to have a gateway for your store. Most if not all the gateways require you to have a Tax ID to be eligible to use them. 

My advice would be to register your business (talk to a local legal representative if need be) and then try the gateway you would like to use going forward. I don't recommend continuing until your business is legally registered. 

M_Ahmad
Excursionist
30 0 4

HI .@Nick 

i am from Pakistan...shopify has recently lunched Payoneer checkout so can we directly connect Payoneer Checkout to shopify  as Pakistan Payment Gateway??

if not...then for what Payoneer Checkout can be use for shopify...please guide me about this very struggling

Thanks

AlexHales1
Visitor
2 0 0
No you can't use Payoneer as a payment gateway in Pakistan to withdraw your
fund. You have to use Paypal/Stripe for this.
M_Ahmad
Excursionist
30 0 4

Okay thanks 

engralimirza
6 0 0
yes there is a problem for payment gateway in Pakistan
AlexHales1
Visitor
2 0 0

Does Paysera supports Shopify Payments in Pakistan ? Is Paysera alternative to PayPal ? 

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1025

Hi @AlexHales1,

Paysera doesn't support Shopify Payments in Pakistan. Unfortunatley Shopify Payments isn't avaialble in Pakistan currently. You can see the documentation listing the requirements for Shopify Payments here and you can see the third party gateways Shopify is partnered with in Pakistan here and below:

08-12-isfxg-8k41r

Noor78
Tourist
5 0 1

2Checkout doesn't allow start-up dropshippers they have clearly mentioned in their policies. They require business documents. if we are starting a dropshipping store and 2checkout doesn't allow this what's the alternative. Many people from Pak want to start their business through Shopify but they are unable to do so. Shopify should take steps to solve his issue.

Ish091
Excursionist
23 0 4

Hey Hashiromer..i am also from pakistan and really struggling with payment gateways ....would you please guide me about which payment gateway is better....because shopify payments, paypal and stripe is not supported in our country...so what  you are using?

Noor78
Tourist
5 0 1

Did You find any solution??? because I am facing the same issue.

engralimirza
6 0 0

Hi, No I couldn't find any solution.

Ashi123
Visitor
1 0 2

Please it is a request to shopify that let Pakistanis integrate payoneer to their stores .

2checkout is just a waste of time and energy. second name of frustration