Shopify Payments on Hold - Requires Photo ID for Validation

Highlighted
1 0 1

I have received the following message yesterday on Shopify Merchant Home Page: 

"Your payouts from Shopify Payments are on hold | Your Shopify Payments account needs to be verified. You can still make sales while your payouts are on hold" 

The other message follows: 

"The photo ID you uploaded was not valid. To continue using Shopify Payments, resubmit your photo ID by tomorrow at 8:00pm AEST in order to verify your identity."

I have tried uploading my License & Passport Copies several times - but it keeps saying the Photo ID is not Valid. I am based in Australia where the Last Name is used before the First Name in all ID's - Apart from that i cannot think any reason why this would happen. 

I finally got to support and I have emailed the photo id documents to them as well - but no response - I am concerned that I have been only given till tomorrow (Saturday being a non working day) to upload the photo ID (which i cannot do succesfully) to continue using shopify payments - i am fearing that my customers will not be able to transact after tomorrow - this message just popped out of the blue - we have been using shopify for over 6 months without any issue. 

Any advice or help will really appreciated to resolve this issue before tomorrow's deadline 

Highlighted
2 0 1
Same issue here and now there seems to be no other way to contact customer service. All customer service chat/contact info has disappeared from my pages.
Highlighted
1 0 0

Did anyone figure out how to sort this? i'm having issues as i signed up in my married name but all my docs and id are still in my maiden name ... changed the account name to my business partners but it still asking for my id....

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I've had the same issue.  Any update on this?

0 Likes