Shopify Payments on hold

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Support. I recently changed my bank details and updated these in the payment section of my site. I am now getting a red banner with the message 'Your payouts from Shopify Payments are on hold while we review your account. Contact Support for next steps on this standard review. This hold does not prevent your customers from checking out.' 

When I click the 'contact Support' button it sends me to the general support page where you can only search the existing Help documentation or search this forum. Not giving me the ability contact support directly as it says that I need to do. When I search the topic it states that I should have received an email from shopify explaining why my account was put on hold - But I have not received anything.

I did receive an email saying that my payout account had been updated - there was no mention of shopify needing to review this or about the account being put on hold. Nothing further since then. I understand that I made a change and it maybe needs to be verified or checked by shopify - but the lack of contact or explanation is really frustrating and gives me no choice but to post a question here on the public forum - which just seems ridiculous.   

Can someone please assist?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
195 15 54

Hi, @Lauraliz.

Welcome to Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I work here.

I'd be more than glad to help you sort this out today, and there's just a couple of pointers I want to share with you should you need to get in touch with our Support Team in the future. Check out this related forum post I answered on getting in touch with one of our agents.

To quote your post:

When I click the 'contact Support' button it sends me to the general support page where you can only search the existing Help documentation or search this forum. Not giving me the ability contact support directly as it says that I need to do. When I search the topic it states that I should have received an email from shopify explaining why my account was put on hold - But I have not received anything.

The trick to moving past the search results page and in touch with a live representative is that you must scroll all the way to the bottom of that page. Once there, you will presented with your contact options.

As the Community Forums are not a regularly monitored area by Shopify Employees it would be best to reach out to our support via chat, or on social media via Facebook or Twitter for more immediate support. Doing so will ensure your issue is reviewed in a timely manner, and create a better user experience for you overall.

It has been a couple of days since you posted so I want to dive right in to your issue and make sure we can get this addressed. As this is an account sensitive issue, I will need to move our conversation to email to continue assisting you. Please watch out for my email there.

I look forward to connecting.

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes