Shopify Plans. No more transaction fees?

Highlighted
Excursionist
21 0 7

I noticed that new Shopify plans don't have transaction fees. Does it mean that if someone is using Basic Plan and his own payment system (for example Paypal), there will be no other charges besides $29/month?

We subscribed a while ago and our plan has transaction fees, seems unfair that new subscribers have no fees.

3 Likes
Excursionist
163 0 14

The only way you can avoid transaction fees is to sign up for Shopify Payments. Otherwise you still have transaction fees.

http://www.aromatherapynaturals.com
0 Likes
Excursionist
21 0 7

Seems like if you are a new subscriber, there will be no transaction fees in any case. At least I can't find any mentioning of transaction fees anywhere on Shopify pricing page. http://www.shopify.com/pricing

Shouldn't they have a tiny asterisk next to 0% transaction fees and mention somewhere in a fine print that 0% only applies if you use Shopify payments? That's very misleading advertising. 

1 Like
Excursionist
163 0 14

I have the professional plan but I don't use the Shopify Payments because it takes too long to get paid so I have a monthly fee plus have to pay 1% of sales too since I don't use Shopify Payments.

http://www.aromatherapynaturals.com
0 Likes
53 0 0

I also have 1% fees. Bump for clear answer to this

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
153 0 27

Shopify now accepts credit cards directly and we waive our transaction fee for those customers who use it.  If you continue to use a third party gateway to accept credit cards, our transaction fees remain and it's business as usual.

VP Product - Shopify
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
132 0 8

To clarify even further:

We subscribed a while ago and our plan has transaction fees, seems unfair that new subscribers have no fees.

This change is retroactive---anyone who signed up with Shopify previous to these subscription changes will receive the same benefits with regards to 0% transaction fees when you use Shopify Payments.

Shouldn't they have a tiny asterisk next to 0% transaction fees and mention somewhere in a fine print that 0% only applies if you use Shopify payments? That's very misleading advertising. 

When you mouse over the Transaction Fee entry on the pricing page, a little box should appear indicating that it's for users of Shopify Payments only.  Please let me know if it does not do this for you:

So, in summary:

• If you use Shopify Payments, your transaction fees on Shopify will be set to 0% across the board.
  • If you do not use Shopify Payments, and opt for one of the other payment gateways that Shopify supports, your transaction fees will be set to 2% (Basic/Starter), 1% (Professional), or 0% (Unlimited).

Hope that helps clear up a thing or two!

0 Likes
1 0 0

If you are signed up for shopify payment but you also accept purchase orders in your store, is there a transaction feed collected for those purchase order purchases?  Or does it only apply to 3rd party gateways?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
28 0 0

So how do you use shopify payments. Is it automatically enabled?

0 Likes
Excursionist
44 0 3

Can you use shopify payments in the UK? 

thanks

0 Likes