Shopify Premium Plan Worth the Jump?

Solved
3 0 1

Ive been using shopify since late Feb 2019 with the most basic plan.  The store has been a good success with sales just over 50k in the first year and on track to do much better in 2020. I've been using an average box with canadapost shipping rates but have found small orders to be dropping over the first year because shipping rates are high. I recently took to measuring dimensions on all the products to use a third party shipping app, only to find out that utilizing all my work will require moving from the $29US shopify package to the $299US package. Thats over $400 Canadian and even when i work the numbers on the savings of processing fees etc its still a lot of money. That being said I'm sure there are many items inside this package that you may feel makes it worth the jump. so what else does this package give me besides my 4D boxing and third party shipping rates displayed at check out?  The other thing i have found this shopify only allows canadapost for canadian stores, and i am migrating my shipping to UPS at the request of a lot of customers,  has anyone found that having UPS over canada post alone is much better for their store?  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
144 13 32

Hi RareSnacksTO

If you are saying you would need to move to the higher plan because you need to get the 3rd party calculated rates - you actually don't have to. You can contact Shopify directly and have that feature added to your current plan for an additional fee (last I was aware it was an additional $20US).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
42 1 6

This is an accepted solution.

Its 21USD, but you can get it for free if you contact Shopify and ask for Annual billing instead of monthly.
1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 1
Well that definitely changes things. It was a lot of money to make the jump but $21 is much more affordable. Thanks for the replies folks I’ll give them a call shortly and see what I come up with.

Cheers
1 Like