Shopify Pricing Plans to Set on Hold

3 0 0

Hi, i was just wondering how can i put my Shopify Plan on hold? I have choosen the basic plan which is for 29$. And my 14 days are up, I have linked my card therefore it already made the bill and got paid to shopfiy automatically. But the problem is my payment methods are still not confirmed since paypal is not allowing my country to receive payments? Speaking of, does anyone know how to proceed if this is the case?

Anyhow, is there a way to put my Shopify Plans on hold without charging any? Since my payment plans are confirmed.

thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
55 0 4

Hello

I'm Jason a Guru here at Shopify. Thanks for reaching out to us!

I'm sorry to hear that your gateways aren't functioning correctly. If it's not possible to use Paypal's services, you might need to consider choosing an alternative gateway. Where are you currently located?

As for putting your store on pause, you're free to do so at any time!
If you would like to pause your store, you should be able to do so as shown here for $14 per month instead of paying for a full plan. This will allow you to work behind the scenes and the only thing that can’t be used is that the payment gateway.

As you have already paid for a full plan, the system will not charge an additional invoice. Instead, the system will put the already paid amount towards your new dormant/paused plan.
Essentially, the current fee you paid will be put down as 'subscription credit' on your account and we will deduct $14 from this credit until it's fully used or you are ready to switch to a new plan. More information on how credit is applied to an account can be found here if you would like to take a look.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know, we're happy to help!

Thanks a mill! 
Jason

Jason
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello Jason,

Thank you for the kind reply.

I have checked alternative gateways and apparently there are none here. I am from Maldives and currently living here as well.

Regarding the store to put on hold, i am actually trying to say is there a way to pause as in a way to hold out without taking any charge, meaning no subscription. Meaning taking no charge whatsoever. I just want to not to charge for my account until my payment methods are settled. because i dont want shopify to charge me every month when i can't really start earning money.

Thanks again!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
55 0 4

Hello, again.

I'm afraid currently there is no option to pause your store free of charge. The cost of pausing a store is for $14 per month. This is to maintain the details of your store! 

Alternatively, if you don't pay your subscription fee, we cannot guarantee that your store will not depreciate. 

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know, we're happy to help!

Jason

Jason
0 Likes