Shopify Reviews import not working

Solved
CyriusMedia
Excursionist
31 3 3

Hi All,

My product reviews will not import.

It says that the CSV is invalid.

These reviews were just exported from shopify.

I have tested with the shopify example CSV and changed the handle to be a valid product and this also throws the same error.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Cheers,

CyriusMedia

0 Likes
Ryder
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
379 47 68

Hey there, @CyriusMedia!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Product Reviews CSV file, but I'd be happy to see how I can be of assistance today.

I've gone ahead and sent you an email to the email address associated to your Community Forums account. If this is the same email address you use for your Shopify store, you'll just need to reply to is and provide me with the information I requested in your response. If you use a separate email address for your store, you can simply CC the correct email address and respond through there. Feel free to attach your CSV file to the email as well, so I can try testing it out on my end as this will help me troubleshoot the issue you're experiencing.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Cheers.

Ryder A. | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
CyriusMedia
Excursionist
31 3 3

This is an accepted solution.

No worries,

I just ended up having to change all the handles and I got it working.

Shopify developers are already aware of this bug

Cheers,

Cyrius Media

0 Likes
Flothomas
3 0 0

Hey!

How exactly did you change the product info to get it to work? Been going round and round for hours. I'm just trying some test spreadsheets for now (edited from the template) before I spend hours copying and pasting out all of my Etsy reviews.

Also, do you NEED to fill in the 'email', 'location', 'reply', 'replied-at' and the specific time created? (I have tried filling these in and it doesn't make a difference - I just won't get that data from Etsy, so wondered if it could be left blank. 

Would reaaally appreciate your help!!

Flo

0 Likes
CyriusMedia
Excursionist
31 3 3

I changed the product handles of every product by placing a suffix.

I did the same for all the reviews.

All the other data i left the same since this data was not messing up my imports.

The issue i was having is that deleting the reviews and importing again was not actually deleting them so i was getting duplicate/old reviews that were messing with the new reviews that i was importing. Changing handles fixed this because the reviews were linking to the products with their handles. So basically it treated every product as a new product and every review as a new review allowing me to import them

Is this similar to the issue you are having?

0 Likes
Flothomas
3 0 0
Ahh right ok! I was having a problem uploading the CSV but I've since found
another forum where they recommended using google docs instead of excel to
save the CSV which worked and then trial and error to figure out how to
organise the data to get it to upload correctly.

I haven't had a problem with duplicate reviews thankfully. Is yours all
sorted now?

I am having issues with the design of the reviews section. Do you know any
ways of making it fullwidth? And creating a separate reviews page?

It's not a very good use of space at the moment (
https://flo-co-uk.myshopify.com/products/barcelona-print) (also don't like
that it's centred and the description isn't...)

Do you know if there's a way to restrict reviews to customers only not just
anyone?

Would love any tips!
0 Likes
CyriusMedia
Excursionist
31 3 3

Yes its all sorted.

As for your review section:

1) what part did you want full width?

2) Creating a seperate review page is hard since reviews are linked to a product. You will need to speak to a developer or find an app that does this

3) you can choose to hide the write a review button depending if the user is logged in. This may solve your issue. This will require some coding.

0 Likes
Auceunte
1 0 0

Hello.

Can you provide screenshots or steps of changing the handle by adding a suffix? I am stuck and have tried everything; I'm still receiving a error message skipped: duplicate review.

0 Likes