Shopify STILL hasn't taken down a scam site that ripped off my entire site after filing several DMCA

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 3

Wow. I feel like SCREAMING.

A few weeks back I noticed there were 3 sites that were clearly all owned by the same person who had stolen all of my code and set up a fake shopify scam sites with all of my products/product photos/product descriptions. Mind you, I have 900+ products in my store and they stole every single product, all in the same order I have them - very clearly blatantly ripped me off. The scam sites only allow for paypal payment at checkout... so they lure in customers by marking everything at 50% off, make the sale, transfer the funds out of their paypal account, require long ship times so they have several weeks before receiving any chargebacks - and by then they have cut the paypal account and are on to a new one. It's disgusting and horrible that these scams are happening to people. I explained all of this to shopify, they promised plenty of times they had my back and would work on getting them shut down and told me to submit DMCA's. I wasted several house showing adequate proof that these stores had stolen my intellectual property and only 1 was shut down even though I offered the same proof for each fake site. I submitted again for the other 2 and eventually they were shut down with much headache. I thought my battle was over and then the same people popped up again with another fake store - SISSYLOOKS.COM just days later. I complained AGAIN to shopify and spent even more time filing a DMCA just to have them send me this stupid reply. So they passed on my complaint to the scam merchant! Thank you shopify I am sure that will really help! SO NOT OK. Shopify needs to protect consumers and take fraud seriously.

Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 3.07.19 PM.png

Below is an example of this: on the left is the scam site, sissylooks.com and on the right is my site - well established shopify site of 3 years. In this photo is an ACTUAL PHOTO OF ME. On this scammer site...and I have to take hours and hours to submit DMCA's that shopify may or may not honor... like are you kidding.

Screen Shot 2019-12-07 at 4.48.34 PM.png

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1
I wish they had listened to your post. I have been ripped off from them. They are in Hong Kong site lists them at a street address in IL that does not exist.

Phone number is a google voice number. I will never shop on a website hosted by them again!

Sorry for your frustrations. Sad that they can’t do the right thing and take down fraudulent stores.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1
Sissylooks.com is a scam site. Put this in for anyone doing a google search to see if they are legit. Hope I can save someone from loosing there money to these scammers.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 3

This makes me so sad to hear! I have been in countless communications with Shopify about getting these people shut down and every time I am led on a wild goose chase that ends when them telling me the fraud team is looking into it when in reality - they never follow through. I even heard from a customer that they tried to call the sissylooks.com phone number listed and they got an aggressive person on the other end bragging about how they stole the customers money. It's really a shame and Shopify should be taking these scam sites much more seriously because it eats away at how consumers view shopify based sites. I hope that you were able to work with paypal to report them and work on a chargeback of some sort to get your money back. I would also highly encourage that you report their fraudulent site to the FBI. This type of thing is not okay and I really really feel for you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1
Yes, I disputed with my Credit Card. This is how I found out they were based out of Hong Kong. So we should be refunded the charge. But it’s a absolute shame that they allow them to blatantly steal your content and rip people off. I reported them to Shopify as well. I also directed them to this post as it was what alerted me to the fact they are scammers.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Did you receive your order or did they just charge you and not even send you anything?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 3
They charge customers and then don’t send them anything. There is no way they have access to these products and all of the info on their site for contacting them is fake. The whole thing is a scam.
0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1
Yeah they didn’t send the item. Just stole the money
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Is there any way to get your money back?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1
I just received a response from Shopify that they really do not care that this is a scam store. There just a hosting service so best of luck to me basically.

Yes the scammers only use PayPal so file a paypal dispute. I luckily used my CC so I disputed the charge with them as well.

Shopifity should be shut down for allowing this to happen when they are aware of the site being a scam store.
0 Likes